Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Sick of sickness
  • thered

I’ve recently had a rather painful injury so haven’t done any exercise at all for 6 weeks. Just at the point of recovery I’ve got a cold which has further slowed the recovery of what fitness I had.

Would you guys wait for the cold to completely clear before you head back into the gym and out on the bike or can I start back again when I start to improve?

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m sure others will tell you differently, but I find it’s best to wait until it’s completely cleared. I usually turn it into something positive by saying something like: “right next week, I’ll be free of cold and I can begin riding/training again”. The trouble is that if you start before the cold has fully gone, it may linger on longer and you won’t get the most out of your riding.

I find its best to wait and start afresh when fully recovered.

Esme
    Free Member

Nothing to stop you heading out for a gentle ride (or walk), enjoying this beautiful autumn weekend. The fresh air will do you good! Go pick some blackberries . . .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    becky_kirk43
    Free Member

If you’ve not been riding for a while and your fitness is low I’d stick to walking in the fresh air until you’re fully recovered

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sick of sickness’ is closed to new replies.