Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Sick of Christmas already. Really, 2 months of the year??!!
  • Poopscoop

I can live with the subtle advert “hints” about the upcoming “C” event. Sofa deliver by “C” word stores… Im looking at you.

I can live with the shops having “C” event stuff in from early Autumn.

I CANNOT live with ASDA playing b%^&y “C” tunes on the 2nd of November!!**

I found this out whilst shopping earlier today, when it was still the 2nd btw.

Seriously though, Christmas just goes on soooooo long now I am genuinely thinking of saying “it doesnt exist” this year as my son is grown up and just forgetting about it.

Oh, no escaping the TV advertising barrage though. Thats what truly drives me crazy.

Fatten you up before Christmas, food, booze, more food, booze……. 1 minute past 12pm New Years Day and Weightwatchers/ Slimfast start their advertisathon. I may have made that last word up. The cynicism startles even me. And Im a bit cynical you know, in case you didnt know.

Ah…. and relax….

Poopscoop

Damn it!! I used the “C” word in my subject line!!! GAAAHHH!!!!

Damn that ASDA subliminal advertising!!

EDIT: SON OF A….. used it a further 2 times in the main post too.

Just walking away now, walking away.

paladin

See, you love it really….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    woody21
    Free Member

…panic buying of food and alcohol. The shops are only closed for a day. I’m with you Poopscoop – I hate C

jam-bo

Don’t watch tv, don’t go shops. Simples..

bearnecessities

“Well I wish it could be Christmas every day
    When the kids start singing and the band begins to play”

Just a little earworm for you.

You’re welcome.

Xylene
    Free Member

trademark
    Free Member

Yes, I’m with Poopscoop too.

When my son found out that Santa wasn’t real (he might still actually be real, kids …)I wanted to ban all things ‘C’ in this house but my g/f loves the decorations for the 12 days they’re up.
    I have to admit they do look good and cheerful.

For the Santa believers in the family I still make a fuss with presents and pretend I am enjoying it, BUT, will the shops and TV just please **** off until the last week in December?
    It dilutes the whole (what was once an enjoyable) experience.

… Don’t watch tv, simples

I watch xmas tv ‘cos I can’t find my “The Great Escape” dvd, and watching New Year’s day tv reminds me of when Easter is due.

Bah, humbug.

rOcKeTdOg
    seadog101

Cmon, Christmas spirit and all that? Surely its not too soon…?

[video]https://youtu.be/KyWBsLYAkaE[/video]

benji
    Free Member

It’s brilliant gives me a nice countdown to two great cross races, boxing day at Kenilworth and new years day at Ripley castle.

Klunk
    Free Member

the furniture thing confuses me don’t think the kids are going to be too impressed unwrapping a sofa. maybe just some replacement seat covers then 😕

zippykona

Cats and Christmas, what could be better?

vinnyeh

Christmas officially start Friday morning, unveiling of the replacement for Monty….

[video]https://youtu.be/iccscUFY860[/video]

isitafox
    Free Member

I must admit that I enjoy Christmas, I always have. The one thing that pees me off though isn’t the shops starting early it’s when you see people putting their trees up in bloody November.
    They’re the b******s who are ruining it for everyone else by not making it a special holiday and dragging it out just so they can brag they put their tree up first.

jekkyl

Op, you don’t have to watch TV adverts anymore, pause the TV and talk to your wife!
    I like the external xmas lights, very cheery on nightrides, espicially out in the country, ba ba baba.

steveoath
    Free Member

Change shops? Order online?

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I love Christmas myself but prefer to work along the lines that the 1st day of it is actually Christmas day and not just before bonfire night.

Houns

I caught the Asda advert on 4oD on Sunday, I nearly dropped my iPad in disbelief/disgust. My brother in law is in the sainsburys advert this year so I’m going to have to watch that 😡

neilthewheel

Think yourself lucky you don’t have to work in one of those retail outlets which start with the Xmas music in October.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member
    thestabiliser
    Free Member

This threads probably the thing I’ve noticed most about it. Except the whiskey selection booths has got bigger. DOn’t spend your life in supermarkets/watching the telly and it’s barely noticeable………….yet

grum
    Free Member

Oh, no escaping the TV advertising barrage though. Thats what truly drives me crazy.

I haven’t seen a xmas TV advert in years. :smug:

monkeychild
    Free Member

I haven’t viewed any plebian moving imagery in my media room. I’ve been far too immersed in my own deep thoughts whilst fingering the spines of my many leather-bound books in the reading room.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I haven’t seen a xmas TV advert in years. :smug:

Where do I collect my £5?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I haven’t viewed any plebian moving imagery in my media room. I’ve been far too immersed in my own deep thoughts whilst fingering the spines of my many leather-bound books in the reading room.

How terribly common 😯
    One has staff to finger ones books. 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

Bah humbug

footflaps

We find it very easy (not owning a TV helps).

scandal42
    Free Member

Don’t shop at Asda, it’s an awful place.

I love Christmas but I agree on the fact it starts too early in the retail world.

Mass rebellion is required, we don’t want it you tossers, down with this sort of thing…….

monkeychild
    Free Member

It’s only Christmas when this drops 😀

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpYn_gxm7lk[/video]

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Sick of Christmas already. Really, 2 months of the year??!!’ is closed to new replies.