Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Sick Bikes
  • simonloco
    Free Member

Has anyone got one & what’s the build quality like?

Thinking of one of their FS frames when they are available as not able to ride a hardtail anymore due to knackered back.

plus-one

I’d like one they look great 8)

mickmcd
    Free Member

predictions anyone?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

It’s not going to go well.

I like them though!

wwaswas

predictions anyone?

3 pages, the odd flounce, no info to actually help the OP.

If you’re near Brighton they have a pop-up shop in April: https://www.facebook.com/events/978893272261740/

perchypanther
    Free Member

There have been some questions raised regarding the quality of the brazing , i believe. 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

They don’t like banter.

legend
    Free Member

the odd flounce

By the manufacturer of course

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

The rants were a bit ‘Trump’ like…

simonloco
    Free Member

Hahaha, who have they annoyed then?
    In Cornwall so a bit far, not sure if they’re planning to go to Bespoke in Bristol though.

martinhutch

not sure if they’re planning to go to Bespoke in Bristol though.

Worth dropping them an email/fb message to find out. They seem to respond quite quickly.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve bought one. It will be titanium and made in Asia. Quality as yet unknown but hope I will have it soon as I paid for it in October.

I’ve had a very brief go on another one. It was steel and made in Kent. Quality looked good but I didn’t inspect it closely and I didn’t build the frame up to know how well everything fitted. It had been through a fair bit of use by the time I saw it so can’t be fragile that’s for sure.

Different frames are going to be from different sources. Maybe go see them at the London Bike Show

Edit: Or Bespoked, they are supposed to be there with full suspension frames.

simonloco
    Free Member

Just checked Bespoked website & they’re on the list, so trip upcountry on the cards for end of April then.

I was wondering about the FS as the price did seem rather low for something that would have potentially been handmade.

cokie

I’ve just seen their ’18 frame plan-

We needed a way to manage production, to manage waiting times and let customers have a fair chance of receiving their product. Copying the Streetwear industry we decided that a drop system was the most manageable and fair. We will build our frames, paint and box them up. The first Friday of the month at 11am GMT we will make them live on our webstore

Sounds interesting to me. Look forward to seeing what other ideas they come up with. Certainly bringing something new and different to the bike scene. I assume the monthly drops will be hardtails though, as they are easier to work on- just put some geometry together, vs. FS bikes with shock and pivot placement alongside suspension schematics and leverage ratios (etc).

Jan drop is the Gnarcaccist (as per their kickstarter campaign), though I can see that they’ve hit an issue with longer seat tubes for bigger sizes. Wonder how the problem will manifest through the year, as different frames will require (some) different tubes therefore having to source small order of tubes monthly. Interesting problem to have. Maybe their designs will be partially driven by tube availability? That said, Bryan Jackson is welding the frames who I guess is experiences in stock handling. Would be interesting to hear Jordans take on this.

Simonloco- their FS frame looks interesting, especially the geometry. Reminds me of the geometron. The bit I’m interesting in is this-

Carbon swingarm manufactured in England

I wonder who’s doing the work for them.. Swingarms are pretty complex and countless manufacturers (large and small) have stuck to Alu and steel swingarms/rear traingles to overcome woes with carbon, despite Carbon front triangles. Some pretty talented carbon experts out there that could do it though, such as Swarf.

Jordan from Sick has been on a couple threads-
    Gearbox Bike
    Welding

Make of that what you will.

I’d quite like to hear Jordan & co on here to talk more about some of the technical points above, without STW/Sick taking it off track.
    Jordan mentioned that STW isn’t their target market, appears the UK isn’t either. Mostly US based traffic to their website, but I’d still like to hear from them.

They’ve grown on me, especially after listening to their podcast. I wish them all the best. Might even go to the popup shop if the guys are there as it sounds like it will be run by others?

/rant.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Which FS are you looking at? There are a few on the drawing board. I’d love a go on that high pivot/idler gear/Pinion gearboxed ‘Heathen’ if it gets made.

Rorschach
    Free Member

jordanchaos
    Free Member

Be at the london bike show and bespoked.

Any questions shoot!

Heathen we have made everything now just needs assembling but we plan to have that for bespoked.

No great rush to bring stuff out.

jam-bo

I’ve bought one. It will be titanium and made in Asia. Quality as yet unknown but hope I will have it soon as I paid for it in October.

sounds awesome. where do I hand over my money? 😉

tomhoward

let customers have a fair chance of receiving their product.

70/30?

50/50?

Rubber_Buccaneer

where do I hand over my money?

Should I not have used paypal gift? 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

I don’t even WANT to be here I have nothing in common with you guys at all

And yet………..

jordanchaos
    Free Member

Yeah thanks for reminding me.
    See ya

ransos
    Free Member

He said that last time.

simonloco
    Free Member

Oi! behave you lot :-p

The Gnarpoon looks interesting in 150, best to chat face to face with Sick at Bespoked though as to what is possible sizing & adjustment wise.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Rubber_Buccaneer

best to chat face to face with Sick at Bespoked

or get in touch directly with Jordan

tomhoward

or get in touch directly with Jordan

That’ll ruin his ‘no one from the STW forum has ever contacted me’ rant though…

legend
    Free Member

1st page flounce – a new record?!

philxx1975
    Free Member

face to face

Wait for the threat of say it to my face if you don’t think the sun shines out of my arse 🙄

Go buy a Shan skip the rendered ripoff completely.

tomhoward

1st page flounce – a new record?!

Nah, someone flounced on the first page of the first thread they posted/commented on. Plus this will be his third flounce…

Next record will be someone flouncing with their very first post…

tpbiker
    Free Member

Has a post been removed on this thread?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Nah…I had an attack of conscience (as unlikely as that seems).

tazzymtb

Nah…I had an attack of conscience.

unusual for you, your are normally Timmy McTrollpants with a side order of gobshite 🙂

cokie

Yeah.. noticed that Rorschach. You were even factual in the gearbox thread about the warranty! What’s your problem with them?

Give the guys a break. Let them come on an answer questions posed.
    Sick Bicycle co, the brand STW loves to hate or hates to love?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I have been uncharacteristically even handed throughout this whole debacle.Compared to some of these parts, I am a frothy fanboi.
    I love you also Mr the Taz 😀 .I like to think of myself as a better looking version of Jamie….minus all traces of humour.

cokie

Debacle?

Rorschach
    Free Member
    ransos
    Free Member

And with that I finally withdraw from singletrack and leave you to it.

My parting words

I am so relived you won’t buy our frames.
    That’s my nightmare from now on.

Rorschach
    Free Member

See.

cokie

I am so relived you won’t buy our frames.
    That’s my nightmare from now on.

It’s a fair point, especially looking at how their threads end up 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Sick Bikes’ is closed to new replies.