Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Si and Haddock's Big Weekend Part 2 – Dalbeattie – Pics (+ vids)
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Well folks, Haddock was doing some mad skillz up at Dalbeattie today on the hard rock trail. We started off with a loop of the skillz loop.

After a quick pedal change for Haddock from flats to SPDs, it was on to the hardrock trail proper, and I have to say Haddock surpassed himself on the skillz front. I was using his camera a lot of the time, but yes, he did both the Slab and the Terrible Twins, with only a burst tyre to show for it which was good.

Don't know what happened to me. I nearly twisted an ankle on the skills loop, and totally bottled a descent I managed 2 weeks ago.

I did however clear a rock garden which I have never done before, and Haddock did too after the second attempt (I did it first time, messed up the second for the photo then cleared it again third time).

We had loads of fun on all the singletrack, although Ed had a few front disk issues.

Then onto the final skillz section and Haddock again showed some mad skills on the skinny northshore, and I took I think one of my better MTB photos!

There is some video coming along of me slip sliding down a very fun descent. I'll add that to this thread later.

And there will be some video of Haddock clearing the plank that 2 weeks ago was underwater.

So yeah, another awesome ride, and don't tell anyone planning on coming on the STW forum ride in two weeks, but I did, errr, a slightly different route to the red, well it was a nice diversion as we needed to see some nice trees and I didn't a turning honest 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Er – a shonky 15 sec video 🙂

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/3912734225/

BoardinBob

Trail conditions ok?

The website says they're wet and muddy but given the great weather over the last 4-5 days I'm hoping they've dried out for tomorrow.

simonralli2
    Free Member

These are all weather tracks that you can ride in the hacking rain!

Yep – they are absolutely banging right now! They were wet and muddy 2 weeks ago but you'll be fine. I don't know if the weather is meant to be the same, but it was gorgeous today up there, and not even much wind on the exposed bits.

simonralli2
    Free Member

And here's the other amazing video

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/3912820539/

Kit
    Free Member

Thought the first vid was hilarious 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well Kit you think that was funny you should try riding with me in real life 🙂

I'll be jumping off my bike and walking down all sorts, and also my pedals will be clanging rocks and forcing stoppages left right and centre. At least I know the tracks well enough to say to any riding companions "You go ahead".

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Looks like a stunning couple of days!

And all because of the STW forum!? 🙂

Cheers
    Paul

Pook

I like to feel I played a part. I'm a modern day cupid.
    It looks like an ace trip though chaps. I'll be up for the next one…

😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

* Cough * ah yes well in terms of matchmaking Haddock and I seem pretty well matched in terms of philosophies of riding, if not in terms of riding abilities 😀

I feel pretty lucky in that there are some top people here to go riding with who don't seem to mind if you're not up to their standards – what's great is the social aspects and riding in some great locations too. And I still have my first ride with Trekster to look forward to tomorrow too at Glentress.

Pook – yeah – Haddock had mentioned he'd been riding with you a few times. Are you able to make it to one or both of the STW Forum rides in 2 weeks at Kirroughtree or Dalbeattie? Would be great to see you there.

Trekster

Si..I think given the way I was riding @ Whinlatter yesterday it will be me following You 🙄
    Having said that I managed to polish off a bottle of wine on Fri eve, went out on the lash in Carlisle with my mates from fanylion on Sat night till the small hrs then was riding by 11am 😕

See ya tomorrow.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Si and Haddock's Big Weekend Part 2 – Dalbeattie – Pics (+ vids)’ is closed to new replies.