Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Shutt VR
  • bluebird
    Free Member

Has anyone got a Shutt VR jersey? I’m looking to treat myself and wondering if they live up to the high end price tag?

Thanks

Sandwich

I won a long sleeve one. Apart from the hole I put in it falling off in the road it’s bearing up well. The hole hasn’t run either.

MoreCashThanDash

Not tried a jesey yet but got some of their cheapest shorts from their eBay shop last year. Nice lightweight feel and proving much more durable than I had expected.

I’d happily try more of their kit

pinetree
    Free Member

I had a pair of their bibs which I really liked. They lasted for ages (3 years, I think) and would have lasted longer, but I binned it and ripped them to shreds…

egb81
    Free Member

I’ve got two pairs of bibs (neither of which I paid full price for). They’re good quality but the fit on the 3/4s is a bit off for me.

acsevens

I’ve got a jersey which I bought from them probably around 4 years ago. Think it is the signature short sleeve. Great bit of kit – lasted really well, and a good fit. Still wear it for majority of my road riding, though a rapha classic jersey arrived last week so I’ll be interested to see how they compare.

LS
    Free Member

The cut is for people who ride bikes, rather than cyclists.

bluebird
    Free Member

The cut is for people who ride bikes, rather than cyclists.

Ahhh, bugger, that’s a deal breaker. I take it you mean they’re not as close fitting as say Castelli/De Marchi/etc

LS
    Free Member

Nowhere near.
    I have (freebies, thankfully I didn’t pay for them) a pair of bibtights and some bib 3/4s. The tights are long enough in the leg but the crotch area is too wide, and the bibs are too long, particularly at the front. Bear in mind that these are a size S and I’m 6’2″ so you’d expect them to be at full stretch everywhere, but they are baggy.
    The 3/4s are a bit short leg-wise on me but that’s to be expected, however the crotch and bibs are the same as the tights.

I also had a size S jacket that was about a 42″ chest, but too short in the body (I have short body for my height and it didn’t cover me fully) and the arms barely went further than mid forearm. I never wore that one…

The two pairs of bibs live in a drawer for short ride days when I don’t want to get my nice kit dirty 😀

Haze

Nice fit but not snug, rear jersey pockets tend to sag a bit more than I’m happy with and compared to my club kit. Next size down was too small.

Apart from that very happy with it, lasting well and very comfy.

mauja
    Free Member

I’ve had 3/4 bibs and a race team jersey, seems ok quality but the fit wasn’t right for me either. I guess it will suit some people but if you’re hoping for something with a similar fit to Castelli you’re going to be disappointed.

mcj78
    Free Member

I like their stuff – have an older Shutt l/s cross jersey which has lasted well with no issues, pretty similar in size & fit to a Rapha cross jersey I have, both in medium (i’m 5’7″ / 70kg / 39″ chest / 32″ waist) – not sure if the other styles of jerseys they do are cut different though
    j

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Got a Jersey- it was an odd shape and I was underwhelmed with the quality of manufacture and details for the price. It went straight back.

Merak

^ Very much, this.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’d third that opinion. Bibs were very very small, I’m short and medium was over stretched to the point it pulled at the threads. Wouldn’t buy again.
    There are better out there I’m sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Shutt VR’ is closed to new replies.