Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shutt bib shorts – any users/views?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Spending some time off the bike browsing for things I need when I get back on it, as you do…..

Need a couple of pairs of bib shorts as the current ones are only fit to be worn under baggies now, and Shutt are doing theirs at £69 for two pairs – seem to recall they get good feedback which might make it worth a punt?

Need to be comfortable on rides up to 200k and last a couple of years before sagging/wearing through.

MoreCashThanDash

Oh yes – sizing! Their sizing guide suggest my 35″ waist is right in the middle of their Large size range. Whats real world experience like?

MoreCashThanDash

No one?

Paulio
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of the pro bib shorts from when they were in the sale last year.

Size-wise the guide seems about right – I’m 5’8″, 30″ waist (when bloated!) and the small size fits well, maybe a little short in the shoulder straps. I’d probably go up a size if I was inbetween but maybe give them a call and ask.

Comfort is good, no problems at all and they’ve worn well, Although I use them mostly for my commute under baggies.

MoreCashThanDash

Cheers, that was the kind of reassurance I was after

DaveBro
    Free Member

comfort good, size guide worked for me (5’8 32′ = medium), ‘bib of choice’ for this w/e 12 hr, only disapointment is the logo print half came off in first wash – otherwise all good.

bomba
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Shutt’s standard bib shorts a couple of years ago on the back of some good reviews. They were cheap and they’ve proved cheap. Scratchy label in the back had to be cut out, fit’s not great and the pad is pretty poor. I don’t wear them for anything other than quick jaunts and there’s nothing that would tempt me to buy any of their other kit.

If you’re riding up to 200k, I’d suck it up and buy some Assos. Looked after, they’ll last you more than a couple of years and will cosset you in absolute comfort. Some things are worth spending a little extra on – shorts are number one on that list, IMO and Assos represent a true investment.

Haze

Can’t speak for Shutt bibs (jerseys are decent) but have just picked up a new pair of shorts from our club, very very comfy.

They’re made by Inverse so might be worth tracking a pair down assuming they do non-club stuff?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Same size as DaveBro above and same results. Very comfy. Can’t compare with Assos but I doubt that I am in minority there. Best I have, far nice to wear than Endura, Altura or Santini. Qulity is fine, they have survived a lot of use on my CX bike with no issues. I’d buy more.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shutt bib shorts – any users/views?’ is closed to new replies.