Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Shropshire council to sack all staff then remploy them next day on less pay,
  • Stoner
    Free Member

ransos – all you are doing there is marking where on the line of social function you think a society should lie. The line could go all the way up to collectivism. Would you follow the line all the way along? There’s many in the US who would happily see the “right” position being all the way across to feral anarchism.

Thats differing opinions, not correct answers.

grum
    Free Member

ransos – all you are doing there is marking where on the line of social function you think a society should lie.

Based on fairly universal criteria of what constitutes a successful society though.

ransos
    Free Member

ransos – all you are doing there is marking where on the line of social function you think a society should lie.

That’s a wilful misreading of my post. I gave you some outcomes that many people would wish to see. Having agreed on some outcomes, we can then work back and look at the most successful methodologies for achieving them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

JY – without the change is more important. The key thing is behaviour, not welfare.

Welfare is outcome, behaviour is freedom of action.

As I said earlier, the corollory of increases in social democracy is reduction in indivdualism (selfishness, if you like). we differ on where that trade-off is acceptably balanced perhaps.

If we go along with your change though, then again you’re just marking the point on the line where you think collective responsibility reaches. Im comfortable at the point on the line being familial and friends, with the occasional extension into charity to strangers and a bit of national tax distribution. But if you’re happy for it to go deeper nationally, why not internationally/globally? i.e. complete redistribution accross the globe?

grum
    Free Member

But if you’re happy for it to go deeper nationally, why not internationally/globally? i.e. complete redistribution accross the globe?

Ok then.

user-removed
    Free Member

crispo – think I’ve worked every Kings race so far. They’re a bit sanitised now they don’t let everyone get minging drunk on the premises before racing…

Stoner
    Free Member

Ok then.

fine. that’s your politics.

mine arent.

i think we’ve gone round and round long enough we’re probably back where we started now 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

i think we’ve gone round and round long enough we’re probably back where we started now

Was it fun ? I completely missed the bit in the middle – I was left somewhere near the beginning.

Stoner
    Free Member

Oh it was a gay dance.

And I was worried today was going to be very boring 🙂

Anyway, I can get back to boring everyone about my solar panels tomorrow.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    I completely missed the bit in the middle – I was left

😕

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

😕

Well to be perfectly frank, I’m rather happy that I was left behind.

According to Stoner it was a bit like this :

Stoner
    Free Member

I was going for:

but dont let that stop your mind taking you where it wants to GG….

mefty
    Free Member

I think you will find your perception of Sweden is out-of-date. They have steadily been reducing taxes there in recent years.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Shropshire council to sack all staff then remploy them next day on less pay,’ is closed to new replies.