Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Shrewsbury Mountain biking
  • merlinshearer
    Free Member

Going to be over Shrewsbury with work for a few days next week – where is best to ride, Hopton Wood, Eastridge Wood or somewhere else??

Cheers

Col

monkeychild
    Free Member

Long mynd

jekkyl

The long mynge – http://www.mtb-shropshire.co.uk/content/uploads/map5.jpg
    Cannock’s not far away either.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Hopton is a reasonable drive.Eastridge is ideal for an evening thrash about after work.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

The Wrekin can supply a few hours top fun and is your nearest good option. Someone has been very busy building a maze of jumpy runs if you know where to look 8)

monkeychild
    Free Member

I need to know where this maze is. I live over that way and haven’t a bloody clue.

timpol
    Free Member

Also interested about those runs, is it in the woods to the south as a starting point

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Long Mynd, Hopton, Eastridge & Stiperstones as a loop.
    There’s also loads of smaller areas that are great for a play, but can be a bit sensitive so I won’t advertise online. Worth asking some of the locals in town though, they’ll point you in the right direction.

merlinshearer
    Free Member

Thanks guys – east ridge was way tougher than I expected

olly2097
    Free Member

Eastridge is the hardest 5 miles of man-made trail I’ve ridden

dekadanse
    Free Member

+1 for all that’s been mentioned, and a special shout for Stiperstones and Bury Ditches (both very near the Welsh border.)

mrhoppy

Give me a shout when you’re over if you want an evening blast. emails in the profile.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I love Hopton but didn’t think much of Eastridge overall even tho others rave about it. It seems that there is quite a lot of exploring and local knowledge that you need at Eastridge to get the most out of it. We kept seeing runs away from the marked route but the weather was horrendous so didn’t explore. There were one or two really good sections but you had to work hard to get to them.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Eastridge isn’t your typical trail centre, it’s properly good fun & techy.
    Built/maintained by the trail pixies that are the Eastridge Trail Partnership who work wonders on their days off looking after the trails (a bunch of locals very passionate & give up at least a day every month for the good of the trails)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Shrewsbury Mountain biking’ is closed to new replies.