Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Showing laptop display on TV – help please
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Is there anyway of getting my laptop to display on a normal HDTV? I want to watch iPlayer stuff on the TV instead of the laptop.

Cheers

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

S video output on the laptop? bout all i can suggest unless you’ve a DV camera with an S video output to act as a converter.

nickjb
    Free Member

What do you mean by ‘normal’ HDTV? The last two I bought both had a VGA socket. I geuss yours doesn’t or you wouldn’t be asking.

Some laptops have TV out. Usually S video, which is usually a small round, yellow, 4 pin socket.

Failing that you can get a convertor, either usb or vga to TV out. PC world sell them or they are much cheaper on-line.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have an external monitor socket, a mic socket, a headphones socket, a network socket and some USBs. It is a Lenovo R61i if that helps.

Drac

It also has s-video out so use that.

spooky_b329

Use a VGA lead between the external monitor socket and the VGA in on the TV. Same type of socket as the external monitor one on your lappy.

I had to mess around a little and set my laptop up so it treated the TV (external monitor) as its primary display otherwise when I shut the lid the TV went blank.

You’ll also want a 3.5mm stereo jack to phono connections for your sound. iPlayer (standard quality) is perfectly watchable on a 32″ screen 🙂

spooky_b329

Oh, had to mess around with the resolution for the primary display as well…I found 1280×768 gave me a full widescreen image without stretching/black bars (I think – can’t check that as gf has control of the remote at the moment 😉 )

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Showing laptop display on TV – help please’ is closed to new replies.