Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Showers Pass jackets anyone? Or eVent jackets in general.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Need to replace my excellent, yet rather elderly Bontrager Packable eVent jacket in time for the winter (Yep, it’s coming folks!). I’d have gone for another of the same, but it seems to be discontinued.

Requirements are;
    eVent and, ideally, vented
    Nice, but bright colours. Not something in Altura-neon, basically
    Pocket(s) big enough to take phone and some munchies to have on hand easily.

This seems to fit the bill;
    https://www.showerspass.com/products/mens-elite-21-jacket

As far as I know, they’re not available in the UK, though, so thinking of trying to find one in REI or somewhere.

Anyone using anything from Showers Pass? Worth the hassle of checking in to them fully? Or, any other suggestions?

drlex
    Free Member

Always Riding have it for £175.

(Shame your need didn’t arise last month, when there was a 20% off code working there.)

cinnamon_girl

Been reviewed in the mag.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those Elite 2.1 jackets and and earlier mtb specific version. Two of the best jackets I’ve ever owned. Field tested in the worst rain and sleet to be found in the Northwest Highlands and a monsoon in Portland OR. I’d recommend getting some waterproof trousers too as rain just shoots off the jacket onto your legs.

MoreCashThanDash

As CG said, quite a bit of their kit reviewed in the mag, gets great reviews, but only you know if you want to spend that much.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I have the self same jacket. It’s great! Properly waterproof, well placed pit zips and just long enough at the rear. Long arms too!.
    Event is quite rustly but does seem to be pretty tough.
    The zips are a bit stiff to start with but they soon free up a bit.
    Their trousers are good too, especially the semi waterproof ones, but the sizing is inconsistent. My large size have longer legs than the extra large I tried…

Always Riding are good peeps to deal with.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

only you know if you want to spend that much.

More than happy to spend that much for a good product. Especially for a waterproof jacket.

I’ve got one of those Elite 2.1 jackets and and earlier mtb specific version. Two of the best jackets I’ve ever owned. Field tested in the worst rain and sleet to be found in the Northwest Highlands and a monsoon in Portland OR.

Mods, you can shut this thread down now! 😀 Will be looking around next time I’m in the US.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Showers Pass jackets anyone? Or eVent jackets in general.’ is closed to new replies.