Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Showers and Toilets at Bike Festivals/events etc
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Which events have had the best toilets and shower facilities?
    What number of people per toilets/showers?
    Who, if anyone, sponsored them?

MrNutt
    Free Member

one each, with valet.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Mayhem were pretty good last year, I think I had about 4 showers all together, nice and hot and a good way to use the free Original Sauce shower gel! Only had to que a couple of times too. 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

I would second Mayhem. Very good. Some dont have any showers.

Another question may be.

Would you expect to get showers at a bike race?

I dont know if I would.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Maybe not a bike race but there could be something happening in August which would benefit from showers. Any guesses?

soma_rich
    Free Member

I dont think we need them. If they want comfort they can book shalet.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

WCA, that wouldn’t be the Big Bike Bash you’re referring to, by any chance, would it?

No, course it woon’t. Silly me… 🙄

theflatboy
    Free Member

the big chill has hot showers. they are truly awe inspiringly fantastic, and solar powered as well. marvellous.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

RB – Check your email, I need your help!
    😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Got it, PP.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cool
    😀

Am I making any sense?

DezB
    Free Member

Am I making any sense?

Not to this thread 😕

Yeah, those showers at Mayhem were great (what’s the non-religious equivalent to a godsend?)
    24-12 didn’t have any and it was most depressing. Although there was no mud, only sweat and dust, to wash off.

theotherjonv

the best shower I had at an event was ANY SHOWER THAT DIDN’T HAVE A TURD IN THE SOAP DISH

Still have flash backs.

andywhit
    Free Member

I hope you hadn’t “lathered up” by the time you spotted said surprise.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Dez are you referring to the 24/12 at newnham last year? i had lovely hot showers with no queues after every lap… also going to the BBB this year with the family so please showers would be very nice indeed (as would toilets!!)

cinnamon_girl

WCA – thought you might appreciate some girlie input 😉

Loos – you can never have too many and girlies DEFINITELY need their own. Am happy to make recommendations for Andrex, which perfumed soap, fluffy towels etc.

Showers – as above and DEFINITELY not to be shared with the boys. Again, can recommend shower gel, minimum water temperature. Hairdryer would be useful.

Some of the Southern Shandy Drinkers will be having their own chalet. We’re taking bookings and there will be a party organised by Aleigh and myself afterwards 😯

Hope this helps!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Sleepless last year – BAD!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

CG – There will be seperate toilet and showers for ladies and men. Your chalet has it’s own private facilities so you needn’t worry.

Toilets and showers are looking like the biggest expense but I think it is worth getting it right so people can enjoy the music festival and stuff in the evening without being dirty* and smelly.

*Okay, the girls can get down and dirty but NOT smelly 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

CG – Party all evening in the main arenas.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Depending on the food my bottom could be making some smells. You have been warned.

cinnamon_girl

You bringing your tent right Pete?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Surprisingly enough, the Bulldog Bash has had the best loos of any festival I’ve ever done. Been 6 or 7 times now. Very clean people.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

No mention of shower or toilet sponsors on the Bulldog Bash site.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Shades of “Hit the North”showering with very cold water, trying to balance on one foot while putting someone elses sock on in the dark! 😥

still get flash backs!….I think it was a sock

Harry_the_Spider

The Hit the North showers were a nightmare. We hired them of a bunch of knobs who subcontracted it out to another firm without telling them about the peculiar site access that we had (right angle bends and low branches), so they turned up on a huge rig like something out of BJ and the **** Bear. The delivery driver managed to drive them through a tree (leaving us with broken widows and the repair bill) and they didn’t bloody work. It was only thanks to Terrahawk’s dad that we managed to get any water out of them at all.

On top of that the toilet cleaning guy turned up on Sunday for the interim service, just as everyone was leaving.

£3k very well spent.

🙄

It won’t happen again.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Cycle Oregon have the best Showers and toilets at any event.

4 or 5 Artic units with showers for about 20 folk at a time. There were 2000 folk at last years event, and everyone had a shower at the end of each day and some in the morning too. They’d be hitched up and moved on to the next days campsite well before the first riders arrived. Maximum queue was about 5 mins.

They had loads of portaloo things too.

Best organised ride in the USA. 2000 places sold out for this year in 12 days. They have 500 or so tents which are set up in a village every night. If you pay the premium, they even take your kit bag and put it in your ready pitched tent.

I’m too mean to subscribe to that, but it was a huge logistical feat.

Business opportunity for someone to do the same here.

rOcKeTdOg

i’m taking my backscrubber and while hire myself out (all profits to WCA’s charity of course)

gusamc
    Free Member

Cheap gents loo (I’ve seen used a lot) is a screen(scaffolding, sheeting etc) and a half pipe (well drain pipe), properly fixed, slightly slanted, with appropriate collection facility. Not sure of H&S but Reading council used it.

On loos, suggest regular cleaning, and a highly sophisticated electonic monitoring system. It will detect:
    – male
    – standing
    – seat unlifted
    under which conditions a small charge under the loo should detonate.

aleigh
    Free Member

I dont want to share with no smelly men……ewwwwwwwwwww 😆

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Very definately seperate loos for ladies and men. In touch with Imperial Leather for shower products if anyone feels compelled to email them

cinnamon_girl

One thing’s for sure – the loos can’t be any worse than the festivals I used to go to in the, er, 70’s. It was truly shocking 😯

Never been to any festivals since but the Isle of Wight is beckoning this year …

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Will there be a quarantine are for Poddy’s bottom? I think it’s necessary.

Don’t worry, Aleigh; I’m too tiny to smell much!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Poddy will be put in a seperate field if he smells too much.

I have spoken to the caterers and they will provide plastic knives for the avacados.

DezB
    Free Member

😆

DezB
    Free Member

aleigh – Member
    I dont want to share with no smelly men……ewwwwwwwwwww

I’m thinking the double negative was intentional…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Not read all of this, but do people actually use the showers at all? 😯

I reckon you just need to be able to have a piss without queuing (ladies too), and to lay cable and have it drop at least 4 inches before hitting someone else’s effort….

uplink
    Free Member
    terrahawk
    Free Member

Daddy Terrahawk is available should you need his assistance with getting your showers working.

😉

aleigh
    Free Member

Don’t worry, Aleigh; I’m too tiny to smell much!

Really? Well when you stay at mine next I will find out for sure won’t I? 😉

Dez….what are you trying to say?! 😆

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Showers and Toilets at Bike Festivals/events etc’ is closed to new replies.