Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • showers
  • mrmo
    Free Member

recently moved into a rented property and the shower is crap, it is a triton electric thing. Basically it doesn’t have a big enough heater to get a hot powerful shower.

Just been to wilkinson and bought a cheap plug on tap mixer which is hotter and far more powerful, but doesn’t stay on the taps very well. So i think the cheap permanent solution is a new set of taps.

Never having changed taps before is there anything to be aware of, i have found the stop cock, i assume this will turn the cold, and as we have a combi boiler, the hot water off? Finally is there anywhere that does cheap taps, this is a rental property so i am not spending lots of money

teef
    Free Member

Wot about a couple of zip ties to hold the mixer on?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Try the mixer from Argos -that stays on.

Teef – great idea btw!

incognito
    Free Member

You’ll need a tap spanner, other than that it’s an easy job if you can access the tap easily. You maybe lucky and have isolating valves before the tap.

Make sure you have the permission of the landlord or refit the original tap prior to leaving.

Make sure you run the tap dry prior to removal too 😛

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Changing the taps so the mixer fits sounds like the tail wagging to dog. I’d try a few different mixers first. Or try to turn the water pressure up? If you can

mrmo
    Free Member

catflees46, i meant mixer tap/shower combo.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

It’s a pain when you rent and somethings not up to standard isn’t it. I once had a crappy oven that just wanted to burn stuff. Hope you get it sorted

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

changing taps is not technicaclly difficult but can be an utter utter pain due to access issues. Tehre is also the risk of leaks.

Pieface

You can get non-permanent shower / tap mixers that go on the taps so you can have shower or run a bath. Jubilee clips too.

Fitting taps is straighforward, but sounds OTT and leaks are a major PITA

djglover
    Free Member

Do the zip tie thing

Stoner
    Free Member

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘showers’ is closed to new replies.