Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Showering with Frozen Feet
  • wittonweavers
    Free Member

After Monday Night Pub Ride managed to put a large hole in the crotch of my riding trousers, this afternoons sunshine convinced me that it was time to bring back the shorts for my ride tonight.

Sadly it was very wet on the ground (no shit Sherlock) and the water soon penetrated my socks and shoes. This coupled with a lovely starry sky soon led to very cold feet.

When i got home my legs were caked in mud and my feet frozen. What to do? Shower or wait till the feet thawed out or risk trailing mud in the house?

I chose to shower. My god i was in agony! You can call me a girl but i was on the verge of tears. Next time i will be getting a very stiff brushing off outside but i will never be getting straight in the shower again. I will even risk the wrath of my missus… well, maybe not!

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Try starting off with nothing but water from the cold tap.

It will feel warm, to start off with, the add a little hot later on.

martinxyz
    Free Member

The feeling of feet removed at the ankles.. followed by an all over itch to the feet that aren’t there. Haven’t felt that in years. Thanks to Shimano Goretex boots.

chakaping
    Free Member

My feet are still not right since riding at Penmachno on Monday and getting them soaked in freezing cold groundwater.

🙁

davidjey
    Free Member

Rub the mud off outside with an old towel; then either wrap your feet in the same towel and drink a cuppa while they warm up a bit, or don clean footwear, put the bike away etc and then have a shower.

Or yeah, invest in some neoprene overshoes/winter boots 😉

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

spesh defrosters will keep you dry and warm 😉 plus singletrack trousers from endura. Made my winter riding just so comfortable I wish I had changed years ago

ScottChegg
    Free Member

My gran would have berated you that hot water on cold feet is how you get chilblains. She was a martyr to her feet that woman.

oli31
    Free Member

google the screaming barfies, well known winter climbing phenomenon often leading to grown men crying!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Showering with Frozen Feet’ is closed to new replies.