Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shower Caps on Saddles – WTF??
  • franksinatra

Seen on the back of a VW van today heading away from Aviemore. Four expensive, well ridden, muddy mountain bikes. Proper bikes. Each one had a plastic shower caps on the saddle.

These bike had clearly been ridden off road, though mud and water, just a nature intended. What do people really expect to achieve by putting a shower cap over the saddle for the journey home?

grilla
    Free Member

No dead flies ingrained in the leather ?

franksinatra

No dead flies ingrained in the leather

They were on a rack on the back of a T5, not even in the slipstream!

Merak

The thing that tickles me is when then seat pin/saddle is removed altogether. Especially a steel frame when it’s pissing down? Clowns.

thegreatape
    Free Member

ton

keeps a leather brooks saddle in fine fettle.

brakes
    Free Member

perhaps they didn’t want a soggy seat when they started riding?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

No idea what that’s all about but you have just brought to the surface the memory of lycra saddle covers from back in the day. We used to sell loads of them – all nice bright psychadelic colours an all!

You could probably have used them as a shower cap if you had the urge (and an appropriately shaped head…)

bails

The thing that tickles me is when then seat pin/saddle is removed altogether. Especially a steel frame when it’s pissing down? Clowns.

Stops people walking off with the saddle when you’re stopped at the services/car park though….

trail_rat
    Free Member

My brooks all get the tescos bag treatment anytime its outside and my arse isnt on it.

Ambrose

As bails says, likewise trail rat.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shower Caps on Saddles – WTF??’ is closed to new replies.