Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shower alongside window in Bathroom
  • bash
    Free Member

I’m hoping to get a new bathroom fitted in the next month or so but we’re taking a separate toilet and bathroom and turning it into one family bathroom.

Is there any reason I can’t put an over bath shower right next to a window (as long as its tiled)? The window faces the house next doors side wall so no privacy issues, I’m thinking more of water ingress type of issues.

luffy105
    Free Member

Can you not get a screen up against that wall? Might make keeping it clean easier…. Or tile the windowsill on a slant so that the water doesn’t pool.

leffeboy

Can you put a massive bathroom light in to cast a ‘psycho’ type shadow on the neighbours wall?

stuey
    Free Member

Done this – but replaced the tiles and cut in a UPVC sill – as the tiles pooled the water a little.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I have something similar with a glass screen against the wall and window, same as the open side. If I were doing it again, I’d tile the window sill. The entire wall is tiled.

Edit – or look at upvc.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Tile up to the window with a slight slope on the tiles, UPVC window and it’s fine.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Might be worth looking at how much it might affect the value of the house before you go ahead – I have an idea that seperate toilets and bathrooms are rather desirable.

nealglover
    Free Member

Might be worth looking at how much it might affect the value of the house before you go ahead – I have an idea that seperate toilets and bathrooms are rather desirable.

A separate toilet is desirable, but not at the expense of having one in the actual bathroom.

stufive
    Free Member

should be ok as long as the window isnt wooden and its not running off the windowsill onto the floor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shower alongside window in Bathroom’ is closed to new replies.