Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • showbox app…legal?
  • robw1
    Free Member

downloaded the showbox app to watch movies on my tablet. I suddenly have access to up to date movies for free….is it legal?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You pay nothing, you get something for nothing. Of course it’s legal of course it is….

seosamh77
    Free Member

Unlikely(this is not a concern for me though! 😆 ), but it’s becoming a bit crap and stuttery now that the masses have found it! reckon i’m going to head back to torrents if it continues! 😆

peterfile
    Free Member

I suddenly have access to up to date movies for free….is it legal?

100% legal. Hollywood recently decided that it was making enough money without having to resort to selling movies 🙂

crankboy
    Free Member

arguable that it is legal(so long as showbox don’t post the films) but so far the best legal advise is no not legal , so far only the “hosts” have been prosecuted in these cases but the “customers” could be. Best rule of thumb “if it smells like a fish it is a fish.”

footflaps

I’d be more worried about downloading a random Russian App on my phone…

What’s in it for them to develop it and serve all that BW to you for free?

zilog6128

Very much this. Bearing in mind a lot of people use their phones/tablets for everything including internet banking these days.

robw1
    Free Member

the Russian virus could be a worry! Don’t use my tablet for anything other than spotify, and (non banking) internet browsing….but still a worry.

footflaps

Relevant news…

Indeed, malware infections in mobile devices are on the rise. According to the Motive Security Labs report, malware infections in mobile devices jumped by 25% in 2014, compared to a 20% increase in 2013.

According to the report, in the mobile networks, “Android devices have now caught up to Windows laptops as the primary workhorse of cybercrime.” The infection rates between Android and Windows devices now split 50/50 in 2014, said the report.

This may be hardly a surprise to those familiar with Android security. There are three issues. First, the volume of Android devices shipped in 2014 is so huge that it makes a juicy target for cyber criminals. Second, Android is based on an open platform. Third, Android allows users to download apps from third-party stores where apps are not consistently verified and controlled.

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1325677&print=yes

mav12
    Free Member

has anyone noticed it turns the gps on when you start the app

frogstomp

Probably just making sure you get the right region code version of the movie.. 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

What’s in it for them to develop it and serve all that BW to you for free?Same as everyone else on the intereweb, shitty advertising.

No pointing elbows at anything around here! 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

mav12 – Member
    has anyone noticed it turns the gps on when you start the app

Doesn’t here.

Cougar

According to the Motive Security Labs report, malware infections in mobile devices jumped by 25% in 2014, compared to a 20% increase in 2013.

On a point of note, “Motive Security Labs” make malware detection software. I’d question the credibility of that sort of statement when it’s issued by a company with a vested interest in saying it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘showbox app…legal?’ is closed to new replies.