Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Show your stealthy bikes
  • Finally got round to doing the shock, not as dark as I planned – ordered the wrong decal, so just ended up wrapping it in grey transparent sticky backed plastic.

Took this 10 mins before it tried to kill my face…

Bregante

If you look closely you may just be able to make it out.

squealer
    Free Member

Is this stealthy? Now with all black tyres if it helps.

Harry_the_Spider

Bottom right of picture.

Stealthy enough?

stevied
    Free Member

Getting there. Just need to get the rear shock and rim decals. Fork decals courtesy of a nice man off here:

transporter13
    Free Member

epicyclo

Bregante – Member
    If you look closely you may just be able to make it out.

Could you give us a clue? 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

Les deux:

Rims were destickered on the Spitfire shortly after that photo was taken – in fact both bikes have matching wheels and they get swapped about a lot depending on conditions (one has Shorty/DHR2, the other set has DHR2/Minion SS). Tempted to get new decals for the Bird’s Pikes because the newer Rockshox stickers are a lot less stealthy.

chiefgrooveguru

Ironically I prefer really brightly coloured frames but the coloured choice was either not bright enough or excessively logo’d. On the rare occasions they’ve been cleaned I’ve found wiping them down with silicone spray actually means they look black rather than dark brown once they dry…

That Liteville looks awesome!

beano68
    Free Member

@steveied … how are you finding the aggressor on the front ?

stevied
    Free Member

how are you finding the aggressor on the front ?

Really impressed with it. Usually run a DHF 3c in the summer but this has replaced it for the time being. Works well on hardpack and loose over hard. Also very surprised by how well it works in the off-piste loamy/rooty stuff too.

beano68
    Free Member

beano68
    Free Member

Cheers @stevied, getting the 29er version coming from Oz in a few days,always heard good reviews about the aggressor so looking forward to getting it.

singlespeedstu

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BJUYPK]IMG_20151218_104558040_HDR[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

stevied
    Free Member

No worries beano 🙂

benpinnick

Tempted to get new decals for the Bird’s Pikes because the newer Rockshox stickers are a lot less stealthy.

The newer newer pikes are alot more stealthy 😉

@stevied are those graphics on your forks printed vinyl or die cuts? If the former, who did them for you if you don’t mind me asking? Im after a mixed matt/gloss finish decal set myself for a little project….

thorpedo

@ benpinnick – got mine from invisiframe, stock stealth decals – Lyriks though

stewartc
    Free Member

Still have work to do removing some stickers but nearly there for both…

nairnster
    Free Member

Sort of stealthy

benpinnick

Thanks TAFKASTR, Invisi don’t do the finish I am after though. What I need is someone who can do a mix of gloss and matt on the same print, which is tricky to find.

stewartc
    Free Member

What is the best method to remove stickers from forks and rims?

stevied
    Free Member

@benpinnick: these are die cuts I think. Not sure what he can do so I’ll send him a message to get in touch with you.

What is the best method to remove stickers from forks and rims?

Sharp nails – they just peel off, but you can warm them a bit with a hairdryer. Don’t heat too much though as the glue will melt and leave a residue. I left my e-13 rim decals on and went over the top as they seem almost printed on

stewartc
    Free Member

@TAFKAS yep, was planning using the hairdryer for a bit and going from there with my nails.
    Out with a broken collarbone so have time on my hands to strip both bikes.

DanW
    Free Member

Something a bit different…

Picking stickers off then taking the glue residue off with some nail polish remover did the trick for me. Black crankskins are a nice stealthy trick too with the added benefit of protecting the cranks from shoe rub.

donncha

That’s nice DanW!
    Can you give us some details?

DanW
    Free Member

Ta! 🙂 Large 256-sl (1kg, Scott Scale geo) frame, SIDs with Shift Up custom damper, AC wheels here but Tune Princess/ Kong normally, XX1 with custom carbon direct mount to the XTR brakes, Stages SRAM X9 cranks with AB oval ring, Xpedo Ti pedals, Tune cages and saddle, 135g Chinese post, 6g clamp, EC90 bars, 90g stem… I think that is about it 🙂 Now also with a Lev Ci for an experiment. Rides like a bike, a great no nonsense mile covering tool

sandal100

Stealth Transition Smuggler, there is graphics on the Pikes as well but not picked up too well on the photo. I could probably go a bit further on the wheels and the crank arms for the full effect!

I could probably go a bit further on the wheels and the crank arms for the full effect!

Looks good – didn’t fancy the fully murdered look myself, as the Capra has some grey graphics anyway

acidtest
    Free Member

kiwijohn

I like that a lot Acidtest. Still riding one myself. Anyway, my old DMR…

Milkie
    Free Member

More stealthy now as I used some carbon care on the frame and its turned it back to black matte.

jonnym92

Pace RC127, the frame has matte black stickers on it, as do the Pikes up front. Not that you can see anything from this terrible sticker. Yes the cranks are next to go..

jamesfts
    Free Member

If anyone remembers the Commencal warranty saga this is the rebirth of that cracked frame.

It has had the front mech guides/mounts cut off and drilled to take an Reverb Stealth for added stealthiness. Powder coated matt black and I’ve done some custom gloss black graphics for it. Must take a Sharpie to those Ergon logos and sort cranks/pedals that still have a bit of anodising left on them!

stevied
    Free Member

@stevied are those graphics on your forks printed vinyl or die cuts? If the former, who did them for you if you don’t mind me asking? Im after a mixed matt/gloss finish decal set myself for a little project….

@benpinnick: James (^)

redstripe
    Free Member

Well not an mtb, just one of those stealthy black Planet X London Road framesets they were flogging off cheap a few weeks back, stuck together with spare bits lying about. Pretty light and goes well but wish I’d gone for the large frame, the medium seems a bit on the small side for me.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Image post fail

garethc
    Free Member

Nice day out via High Cup in the north Pennines.

xcstu
    Free Member

My old Niner

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Show your stealthy bikes’ is closed to new replies.