Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Show your Giant Anthems! Slightly niche(admittedly)but not Niche-Core(obviously)
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I’m looking for some inspiration for a new build – a 2008/7? Giant Anthem 2 frame in blue-silver.

For instance – do I go for a retro-esque silver stem-seatpost combo, or break with my stuck-in-the-mud grouchy ways (and retro aesthetic) and go all dark and black, this being modernly and fashionably purposeful?

Decisions… decisions… Hmmmmm…

Anyway.

Show me what ya got!

thepurist

I stuck with the black option – except the bars. Mainly cos it was what was going cheapest rather than for any aesthetic reason…

firestarter
    Free Member

my old one for ya 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gooner
    Free Member

thepurist/mick, what do those weigh?

thepurist

Gooner – not a clue – don’t have a decent set of scales to weigh it. Light enough for my puny legs to get it up hills, heavy enough to accelerate quickly enough to scare me on the way back down (not difficult!).

firestarter
    Free Member

it was 22.5 ish with scales at work not as light as i expected tbh with the dt240/stans , mini pros and carbon cranks on but it rode quite nice

tbh tho the turner i replaced it with climbs much better even tho it weighs 5 pound more lol

and decends wayyyy better 😉

EDIT: could be new bike syndrome tho lol

timdrayton
    Free Member

my old one, i do miss it

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Tim
    Free Member

I recognise that last picture 🙂

visiting or local? 🙂

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

One of our many visits each year. The inlaws have a place in Ryde as well as Yarmouth. This was a cheeky ride at Headon Warren 🙂

Tim
    Free Member

Aye, one of my regular (cheeky) haunts

used to live in yarmouth as well 🙂

ChrisL

The yellow/black two-tone frame is gorgeous!

Bro-Bra
    Free Member

timdrayton
    Free Member

cheers chrisl, i havent seen another one like it.

it was the US bottom of the range model, it had the giants own shock on it, but it looked good.

got it new from ebay a couple of years ago and sold it a few months later, but i really regret selling it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Show your Giant Anthems! Slightly niche(admittedly)but not Niche-Core(obviously)’ is closed to new replies.