Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Show us your………….snakes!
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

Of the reptillian, not trouser kind pls

Lyra the python

allthepies
    Free Member

People who keep snakes – WHY ? 😯

westkipper
    Free Member

allthepies, some people find them interesting and beautiful, and look into what they want from a pet a little more than the usual anthropomorphised mammal-lover.
    I'd much rather have a boomslang than a Staffy

brakes
    Free Member

poor thing – it probably wants to be out in the desert hunting giraffes and you've got it cooped up in an IKEA cupboard with a stick and some tupperware for company

freeridenick
    Free Member

don't get it myself either?

mtbfix

The missus rescued a baby slow worm from a puddle yesterday. They are a bit like snakes. The ones in our garden could do with a bit of self defence training as the cats treat them badly.

epicyclo

When I lived in Africa we liked to have a python in the roofspace. Kept all sort of vermin out – including monkeys.

Amos
    Free Member

Bloody snakes! Coming over the fence sh1tting on my lawn!!! Don't get me started grrrrr

toaster93
    Free Member

My mate has got a snake called trouser. I don't really see the fascination to be honest.

timdrayton
    Free Member

bakes – Member
    poor thing – it probably wants to be out in the desert hunting giraffes and you've got it cooped up in an IKEA cupboard with a stick and some tupperware for company

it's a ball python, in the wild it will probably have a 10 foot square territory.

It will sit and wait for it's prey (small rodents lizards) to pass it then ambush them.

It hardly moves at all it's whole life, it's certainly not going to miss a quick trot round the reserve with a girraffe….

They need heat humidity and food and water. Any dressing of it's enclosure is entirely for the benefit of it's keeper.

A 5 foot enclosure from Ikea with nice clean carpet a hide, water and micicles regularly and it is perfectly happy.

Snakes can be beautiful and great to handle.

Much cheaper and easier to keep, and far less cruel than say a working dog that doesn't get walked.

That I don't understand

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

ebygomm
    Free Member

Cyril – RIP

Talkemada
    Free Member

The ones in our garden could do with a bit of self defence training as the cats treat them badly.

Seems to me, that the cats could do with some Diversity Tolerance training.

Racists.

Hadge
    Free Member

Crouchie – my Royal Python

Elmo
    Free Member

DAM!

New laptop with no snake or dog pics on it!

Down to one Amelanistic Corn Snake now. Sadly lost(died as opposed to AWOL) my Black Pine Snake.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

I could do with a snake – sort my unwelcome mouse out no end. I could just leave it the kitchen with the heating on until one morning it's sitting there looking smug with a lump half way down it.

timdrayton
    Free Member

nice hadge,

and cyril i know your pain…

my royal was strong but gentle and had a really nice temperament (as far as a snake can have a temperament)

I had to rehome all my snakes recently as i moved to a place with a less understanding landlord… gutted i had a really nice common corn (jeff) and a fourlined ratsnake (evie) that was a beautifull olive green and black….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….some people find them interesting ….

I find snakes really interesting ……… the way they can keep perfectly still without the slightest movement for hour after hour, is truly fascinating.

And I love going to the zoo just so I can peer into a glass vivarium and look at a snake coiled up in a corner, not moving at all.

Very occasionally they will move slightly, but if your are prepared to be patient, you will be very quickly rewarded…..as they settle down and do absolutely nothing again 8)

Hadge
    Free Member

Marmite pet – you either like them or you don't. My kids love Crouchie, he's friendly, they haven't any silly snake fear and they are incredibly easy to keep. They don't shit on yours or your neighbours gardens and you don't have to walk round with a plastic bag picking sloppy turds up with.
    I acually like all forms of wildlife so that was my fascination with keeping one and he's my second as I had a female one many years ago. The fact they can live in small enclosures mean you can see them in glass vivariums and yes they don't move much. But at least they don't swing their heads fro side to side from utter boredom like lots of other animals kept in zoo's.
    I like dogs and would have one if I was at home all day but my house is empty for days sometimes so I couldn't and wouldn't like have a dog under those circumstances. Each to their own I guess.

brakes
    Free Member

do absolutely nothing again

that's because all they've got is a bit of driftwood to sit on and an ice-cream tub to shit in
    they need sharks to eat and ladysnakes to take to the movies

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Blimey Hadge I'm sure he's lovely but Crouchie looks pretty mean in that pic

Hadge
    Free Member

He's as soft as a brush, Royal Pythons are probably the best for being handled and only grow up to 6ft for the females and about 4ft for the males. You just have to use common sense when handling him – like don't stroke any small furry pets before you do and make sure you wash your hands after. The female I had Saskia, was brilliant and when she died there wasn't a dry eye in the house 😥

Hadge
    Free Member

If you want mean meet Julie, my Chilean Rose. She's also as soft as a brush but I will say the first time I went to handle her my bum cheeks twitched a bit pmsl. But she's fine and as long as you don't make any swift moves she will just crawl over you all day 🙂

This is my Blue Femur Tarantula and she's a bit shy at the moment and that's why I haven't got any decent pics yet. The clolours are amazing in the right light

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Show us your………….snakes!’ is closed to new replies.