• This topic has 36 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by taka.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Show us your….bike-in-the-house-missus-will-never-know pics.
  • Dancake
    Free Member

Its too cold outside. Heres mine.

Change middle ring 32-36, fit bash. Fit new mech hanger
    Change rear gear cable inner/ outer
    Move X9 rear mech in/ out 1,000,000 times so it does not get sticky at the first sight of mud/ wet/ cold and refuse to change down 20 mins into every ride

oh and clean under folk seals/ charge foam rings

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

she found out………..
    she (the alpine) has a saint double now. sweet jesus there good.

Dancake
    Free Member

That looks ace

enfht
    Free Member

Dancake don't let that radiator warp your guitar! 😮

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Anthony
    Free Member

james
    Free Member

"so it does not get sticky at the first sight of mud/ wet/ cold and refuse to change down 20 mins into every ride"
    I've had this. Adding middleburn cable oilers into the full length gear outer cabling and spraying in WD40 to push out any crap/water and lubricate the cable a little stopped it from seizing on wet rides

stucol
    Free Member

This is a mountain bike forum and is no place to show images of a Ducatti 999.

Please remove it to my garage immediatly !

slowrider
    Free Member

i was looking at them james, they worth a punt then?

heres mine:

Vortexracing

Leaning against a cream leather suite.

I must be an adrenalin freak

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Poor show, bike has to be sitting on sofa for full marks.

Dancake
    Free Member

Slowrider: loving the "Move the grip out to stand bike further from wall" technique. genius

I will see how freeing the mech up and fitting different outers does but will defo consider oilers if things dont improve. Refitted mech now after some working and seems to move with a nice click now rather than a soft thud

slowrider
    Free Member

lol dancake, its just a wide bar with my brake moved in for 1 finger braking, wish i was that considerate!

shinsplints

taka
    Free Member

nice bike mr.slowrider 😉

deserter
    Free Member

I took the pic after I got my ass kicked

firestarter
    Free Member

i have managed to sneak an extra bike in here the mrs doesnt know about 😉

sp
    Free Member

the look on her face – priceless… 😆

Dancake
    Free Member

Thats great work. Heep it up, all. I ran the gauntlet by adding a teaspoon of oil to each fork leg without protecting the carpet; probably being extra careful this time as got fork oil all over my pads last time 🙂

ooh..that Trek is rather sexual…

flange
    Free Member

SP – my Mrs just walked in and said 'who the hell let their other half stick a bike up there'

For this alone, you win.

jedi

mine 🙂

willy
    Free Member

i like the trek being used as an ornament!

firestarter
    Free Member

an old pic after some cleaning and fettling but i dont think she would have been impressed 😉

and strangely i have none of those bikes anymore

Dancake
    Free Member

i like the trek being used as an ornament!

too right! I may suggest Mrs Dancake ditches her weird-shaped bowl thing and lets me get one of these myself!

amd lol @ mi©k

taka
    Free Member

i get clouted by my mother for having bikes in the barn letalone the house!

swainey
    Free Member

Jedi

I bet she's a good ride too 😀

Lionheart
    Free Member

That Trek looks fast standing still up there.

The Duke is just…..stunning. In the village, south of Bath, where i grew up the 'big' house (actually a converted old factory) had Dukes and Harleys up on 4 of the windowsills.

Top pic is Jedi's Purple monster – true love there and clearly no women near the house – great that its back and though I love bikes – only women on the bed please.

My Heckler has been lounging against the dresser in the dinning room since Xmas, I am under a promise to have it out by the end of the weekend, but its not fully rebuilt and its cold out there!!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Apparently it was my fault that our on selfishly walked into the pedal yesterday.

jedi

my wife didnt know i took the pic 🙂

oldfart

Tony at least the scrotes can't get their thieving hands on it there !

sp
    Free Member

Thanks folks and best of all it lasted four days up there. She had been in hospital for a week I when she came out there it was my new stead in all its glory. She was unable to move it herself. Strange, there was a fifty/fifty split, men for it up there women against. I'll give it while then I'll let her 'find' this thread 😈

sp
    Free Member

mi©k – Member

an old pic after some cleaning and fettling but i dont think she would have been impressed

Mick do you live in the lbs? Nice stable you have there

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Jedi, will you be able to face taking her to bed now that she has been raped & pillaged? Some blokes would have a real problem riding her again after such an event 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

chucky thanks for the pic I can now gain access to your garage at any time via blackmail 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Anthony, nice but if I had a photo I could beat that lovely Duke. A guy I knew had a Vincent Black Prince in his hallway. Fugly bike but it was a Vincent. & he was single. & your Duke looks nicer, so alright, yours is actually better.
    It was still a Vincent though.

taka
    Free Member

it was cold and lonley in the barn thought i had got away with it aswell but didnt see the muddy tire mark :mrgreen:

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Show us your….bike-in-the-house-missus-will-never-know pics.’ is closed to new replies.