Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 174 total)
  • Show us your super bike (MTB)
  • wrecker
    Free Member

XT no (maybe the brakes but nothing else).

My bike has XT brakes and drivetrain. Still over £4500 worth (at retail). Couldn’t care less if it’s considered a “superbike” though.

discoduck
    Free Member

Maybe we should start a none superbike thread, that have XT parts (Not Brakes)

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Yup no Canyons or Cubes.

Purely a personal dislike of mass produced, big german direct sales outfits. Knocked out in their thousands in a Taiwanese factory.

Cube aren’t direct sales, Canyon are just as mass produced as most of the others on here. you not posting your bike?

stewartc
    Free Member

Wouldn’t a ‘super bike’ be either the top end model from any manufacturer (bespoke or mass produced) fitted with the top end components from any component manufacturer (bespoke or mass produced), say an S-Works Enduro with Enve wheelset/cockpit kit, XX1 drivetrain and XTR brakes (plucking an example out of the air)?

phil56

It doesn’t look quite as pristine as this now – been used all round the UK for events like the Dyfi, HONC and even the odd XC race, and just come back from doing the PPdS and a week in the Basque. It’s ‘super’ to ride, and incredibly versatile

wonnyj
    Free Member

Cube aren’t direct sales, Canyon are just as mass produced as most of the others on here. you not posting your bike?

No way. My bikes are a long way off “super”. Far too much slx and xt!

tazzymtb

my sheep version 2, now with lovely torus/burls titanium forks and 29+ front. 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Ego chariots not allowed 😉

tazzymtb

damn it! mind you, I have no ego…could I have it as “shy and retiring chariot” please?

tazzymtb

not sure if this counts, but is probably the prettiest bit of scandyummy and carbon weight weenie SS race rocket that I’ve owned

rogerthecat
    Free Member

This is it, it’s all I have.
    Corratec Team Bow frame, carbon forks, wobbly ring, Avid cable discs – simple, light and a joy to ride, it’s better than super, it’s reet grand.

m1kea
    Free Member

phil56

Which Devinci is that?

I’ve been pleased with my Dexter but the lure of CF is always there.

feisty
    Free Member

16.5 lbs baby!!!

Lost 1100g+ with the RDO fork, the fork feels crazy light.

oxym0r0n

That funk – WOW!
    Also niner^ not trying hard enough – surely loose the stickers on rims and metal bar plugs?

feisty
    Free Member

Yeah the bar end plugs could go and are a hang over from my previous build.

I am in the lots of small weight losses zone now, I could change the RX brakes to R1s but that is a a fair old chunk of cash for a small weight loss.

I have been looking at a Tune saddle to lose about 125g but loathed to take an expensive punt replacing a saddle I can do centuries on with not a sore in site

I could change the rear cog to allow me to run a 9 speed lightweight chain

Ti bolts through out, replace the Ti 1 pedals (with upgraded axles) to Ti3/4s (but a bit pricey)

I could lost half a pound or more on the tyres but the flint around here tears them up so a pointless bit of weight saving.

hmmmm as if I haven’t spent enough 😆

shredder
    Free Member

Nicolai Helius CC
    Re built at the beginning of the year.
    Smattering of E13 XTR Chromag North Shore Billet custom Flows to DT240’s etc

singlespeedstu

I wasn’t going to post this but the standard of some of these “super bikes” seems a bit low so this should fit in ok. 🙂

ti loop bar, eriksen ti post, ti boone cog, ti boone chainring, phil woods hub, custom polished crank.

Corner Floatage. by multispeedstu, on Flickr

njee20
    Free Member

Ti bolts through out, replace the Ti 1 pedals (with upgraded axles) to Ti3/4s (but a bit pricey)

Alu bolts are lighter, and far cheaper, just replace what you can with alu. Mt Zoom bar, New Ultimate stem, Mt Zoom top cap/bolt, definitely needs a lighter saddle – Speedneedle, SLR C64, Bontrager Affinity RXL if you want to sit on it!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Dirtyrider’s Scalpel is probably my favourite here. “Proper” superbike in that aswell as it being damn expensive and light, you are highly unlikely to ever see anything else the same.

the paint was removed to save weight and then clear lacquered over

njee20
    Free Member

Is that a pun I’m missing, or did you misspell “chameleon”?

Not wild keen on the purple, but that Scalpel is my fave so far!

seanthesheap
    Free Member

@ phil56, what travel forks are you using? Thinking about one of those for myself.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

the frame was from here

Homepage

Stiggy

Untitled by Stiggy2011, on Flickr]null
    Only one on the planet!

Candodavid
    Free Member

I can trump your only one ^^^, with the very first one

My bit of boing

Stiggy

Candodavid: it’s an AM9, X44 Headtube and a Columbus backend, slacker and built for a 120mm fork 😀

Candodavid
    Free Member

Hey, they all had to start somewhere 😆

They both look and ride damn good too 😉

Stiggy

Hahey, its a Curtis-off! Yup, it is beautiful in the raw finish.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Hmm, could post a pic of the 26″ SS Curtis too

Stiggy

Go on, it would be rude not to….

Candodavid
    Free Member

Oh, if you insist

Stiggy

Yes! There it is!

feisty
    Free Member

Alu bolts are lighter, and far cheaper, just replace what you can with alu. Mt Zoom bar, New Ultimate stem, Mt Zoom top cap/bolt, definitely needs a lighter saddle – Speedneedle, SLR C64, Bontrager Affinity RXL if you want to sit on it!

Great minds, already have Mt Zoom bar and my KCNC stem is lighter than anything else I have found (and very cheap for the weight)

Was looking at Tune Komm-Vor Saddle

Not sure on Ali bolts as most of the places are going to be rotor and calliper bolts.

Love the new for, instant power delivery and not as harsh as I expected, I managed to knock 1.5mins off my PB for my evening 15 miler (and my previous time was me really going for it where this ride felt easy going!)

jedimaster
    Free Member

ok, maybe not as super as other member’s dream machines but here it is my super custom giant ac2

hope pro 2s on mavic 823 ust tubeless with high rollers on

x0 gears

xt brakes

pikes 454

truvativ boobars

plus lots of orange bling :p

flange
    Free Member

As requested by njee (hola!)

Ki2, tune/enve wheels, enve finishing kit, tune cranks. 19lb’s

aracer
    Free Member

Here’s mine – though it’s changed a bit since this pic. An old superbike – when built up in 2007 it was state of the art:

Scott carbon Genius RC Ltd, Pace RC39, XTR (9×3!) drivetrain, Formula R1 brakes (B4SL pictured) with Hope floating rotors, FSA carbon (ISIS!) cranks with AC BB. Olympics on King/Kong, Syntace F99 stem, KCNC flat bars and bar ends (Extralite bar ends pictured), Scott carbon seatpost, SLR saddle. <22lbs including pedals (XTR).

njee20
    Free Member

Now c’mon – HT2 came out in 2003, ISIS was as obsolete in 2007 as it is now. I was running 2×9 in 2006 too.

obelix
    Free Member

So this Njee character seems to have taken it upon himself to be the arbiter and enforcer of all things superbike…

njee20
    Free Member

Haha, I envisaged a comment like that! Would a smiley have helped?! I like looking at nice bikes, I apologise for a few light hearted comments.

You can have one of these:

😉

Ps: Flange is now winning IMO!

orangeboy
    Free Member

It’s about the weight with those Isis cranks and American classic bb , was a popular set up back when

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed, only recently have outboard bearing cranks got lighter. Even then Heinz Wittman used some obscenely light quirky set up on his 11lb Scale, 300g cranks or sommat.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 174 total)

The topic ‘Show us your super bike (MTB)’ is closed to new replies.