Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Show us your… Stooges
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

^ It’s those MB’s… that’s your boat anchor 😉

A lighter BB will change the CoG of the Stooge too 8)

singlecrack
    Free Member

No way …middleburn look awsome

bonesetter
    Free Member

I agree they look very nice, and in a retro kinda way

guitarhero
    Free Member

My Stooge comes in at 26 lbs and change. Love it

mrvear
    Free Member

[/url]

frogstomp

Here you go mrvear – you need to use the ‘img’ tag:

zezaskar
    Free Member

What kind of clearance do the MK2s have in the back?
    I mean, would a Chronicle or Knard on a Flow EX fit?
    Thanks

frogstomp

Nope, neither of those – but I think a Vee Trax Fatty is supposed to fit on a wide (i.e. 35mm+) rim.

It’s designed with a 2.4″ in mind – quite a lot of clearance with a 2.4 Ardent.

mrvear
    Free Member

Ta.

Clink

It’s designed with a 2.4″ in mind – quite a lot of clearance with a 2.4 Ardent.

Not necessarily – mine was too tight with 2.4 Ardent on a Flow EX. I use a 2.3 Ground Control which works well.

mrvear
    Free Member

Thanks for the photo help. As for the rear tire, my 2.4 wtb trail boss is real tight in the mk1 but has tons of space in the mk2.

mrvear
    Free Member

frogstomp

Not necessarily – mine was too tight with 2.4 Ardent on a Flow EX. I use a 2.3 Ground Control which works well.

On a MK2 (as zezasker[/I] asked)?

Seems odd if so.. this is my MK2 with 2.4 Ardent on 38mm rims:

About 7-8mm clearance all round. Previous rims were about Flow size and no problems there either.

singlecrack
    Free Member

The mk 2 was designed to have more clearances than the mk1

frogstomp

En route London To Brighton yesterday..

takisawa2

Looking at those pics, I’m guessing a Mk2 running b+ on a wide rim will have no problems fitting.

Clink

To be clear mine is a mk1

julioflo
    Free Member

Hello,
    My Stooge itch has come back….
    Has anyone near South Devon, Exeter, Plymouth, Dartmoor a Stooge that could be tested?
    Thanks
    Justin

singlecrack
    Free Member

Somerset has a few ….could meet at Halden forest maybe ..?

noltae
    Free Member

I’m considering cutting the steer tube right down and getting some riser bars to offset the difference – I’m really struggling to get used aesthetics wise to such a massive load of steerer sticking out – Anyone else done the same?

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

I’m keen on the stooge as next frame, but still need a little convincing about the height of that front end. See a lot of images with the saddle a good deal lower than the bars which give it the shopping bike look – is that just because there’s a lot of short leg riders on here, or is the front end really that high?!
    Anyone around 5’10” able to post a side on picture?
    I know that might miss the point a bit, but still curious to see.
    cheers

julioflo
    Free Member

Singlecrack – A Haldon meet would be ideal, if it could be arranged. Are you a Somerset based Stooge owner?

singlecrack
    Free Member

Yup …clink and I have stooges in somerset I guess there are others …I’ll try and get the both of us th Halden over the Xmas period. .you could try a steel and a Ti Stooge

Clink

^ sounds like a plan 🙂

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

As requested by Jimfrandisco. I am 5ft 10 and a 33 inside leg and it comes up like this. I find it still a bit different with the high bars, but my back ache I always had, weirdly has gone since riding this. Not sure if there’s a link.

1981miked
    Free Member

Nice bikes on this here thread. As I have settled on a Stooge for my next bike I’m checking out wheel and tyre combo’s in particular. What wheels are people running? Width and size would be ace, I’m thinking of some nice colourful hubs but not sure where to get them.

Any Stooge owners in Scotland? Near Dundee would be ideal, i wouldn’t mind a look at one in the metal and possibly a car park test.

julioflo
    Free Member

Singletrack , Clink, sounds like a plan. Let me know! Email is in my profile I think. I’ll go off and check now…

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Cheers Thrustyjust – it does look very ‘upright’. As you though that’s comfortable, interested to know what it does to the handling though…every other 29er is always desperate to get the front end much lower.
    I just need to sort out a test ride really.
    cheers

Daffy

jonestown
    Free Member

I’m considering cutting the steer tube right down and getting some riser bars to offset the difference – I’m really struggling to get used aesthetics wise to such a massive load of steerer sticking out – Anyone else done the same?

re front end height, a lot of it really does come down to personal taste. when i started out i was using flat bars with the 35mm of risers (i’m 6′ and the saddle was about the same height as the bars) but a lot of people run them slammed and report good things. I have a Stooge riser bar coming out in a couple of months, 800 wide, 17 degree sweep, 40mm rise, that should sort it 🙂

jonestown
    Free Member

[/url]

happybiker
    Free Member

Here’s mine on the Jacobs Ladder loop.

happybiker
    Free Member

And near home, in Singlespeed mode. Built with Nextie 35mm front, 30mm rear rims, carbon bars Chronicle up front.

bigblackshed

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Old thread but had to share 🙂

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFHoI_Jh67a/

Oh well I tried! Can’t seem to post it!

AlasdairMc

Very nice. Has it been ridden yet?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Yes I escaped the kids for a quick blast earlier – the youngest has broken his arm so I couldn’t drag them out with me.

Its brilliant! I have lots of kid stuff to do this weekend but I feel kind of distracted. . . .

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Show us your… Stooges’ is closed to new replies.