Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Show us your… old bike, new(er) build
  • epicsteve
    Free Member

epicsteve – what spec/size of shock did you put on there ? I'm considering something similar myself

The coil shock is a 200×50 and I've also used a 190×50 RP2 – both have worked well. I think the standard shock was 195×50.

Candodavid
    Free Member

DBR Axis Ti is the nicest so far

petrieboy

2000 cannondale f900 powdercoated and rebuilt with road gears and slicks. Very fast!

juiced
    Free Member

seeing that sunn urge un has made my day.

kiwijohn

Ned, the packs are made by Epic Designs in Alaska. Beat using racks by a mile.

nedrapier

Cheers John, Yup, they look like they would! I've been looking for something like that for a while. I looked at the clip-on seatpost racks, but they doidn't look very satisfactory. Those look perfect.

taka
    Free Member

really liking the bikes with the slicks 😛

Kato

oooh that F900 is nice!

damitamit
    Free Member

2001 Foes FXC

zaskarrider
    Free Member

ye olde zaskar le… 15 years old and heading for dalby today 🙂
    http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy20/zaskarrider/my%20bikes/Zas5.jpg

maxray
    Free Member

Ahh I so wanted an Enduro during those times EpicSteve…

I guess 2004 is too noew but hey ho – 2004 Stumpy frame with more modern LX grp set and Revs.

stooo
    Free Member

Used to have a Mk1 Santacruz Bullit (2001 frame) that went through various build before being sold due to lack of use compared to my XC bike.

Here she is/was

I've always missed it since it went and having recently moved to Innerleithen I've been wanting for it even more for mucking about on the downhill trails…. so, I picked up a 2005 frame and built it up for a play bike to ride to the top of the hill and then charge down it…

Here's the Mk2 !

A classic SH frame built with tough single crowns and a twin and back so I can ride to the top first.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Now stripped back (no mudguards, lights, etc, better saddle) but this is my 1997 Stumpy with LX HT2 chainset and new drivetrain, tyres and a few other bits and bobs.

Gave it to my dad who loves it! Very simple, pretty light.

mikee
    Free Member

old sv 700 with newer bits on it

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Show us your… old bike, new(er) build’ is closed to new replies.