Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Show us your full suss 29er trail bikes…
  • bol

I’ve got most of the bits to build my RIP 9 now, but won’t have it completed for another two or three weeks. Come on, keep my appetite whetted.

tollah
    Free Member

Pulls up chair and waits for Ruscle to arrive………………

hugor
    Free Member

Enjoy your RIP! Its a great bike.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    partyboy
    Free Member

Ruscle will likely be out blasting through the countless Q’s rock gardens on his indestructable wheeled bike.

bol

Wow, that looks good Hugor. Mine is the first generation version, which doesn’t look quite as sophisticated. I like the raw finish.

martinh
    Free Member

Looks good Hugor. Very shiny.

Here’s mine

bigsi
    Free Member

Sorry for the crap photo 😳

Here’s my (new to me) one.

Just built this up to see how it rode with parts off of my HT. Now saving for some 120mm forks before rebuilding it. Can’t wait to hit some serious trails in the near future. Possibly in the Q’s 😛

bol

Did that one used to belong to Ton Si? I was very tempted by that when he sold it.

bigsi
    Free Member

Indeed it did.

I was looking to shift on my almost new Swift frame which he wanted. I’ve always liked the look of the Ventana El Capitan and with a bit of oiling of the wheels a deal was done and the frame was mine.

Got a bit of playing around to do with set up but it feels good and pedals well, which i was worried about given my size.

All in all I’m well chuffed, although i am having to have a long hard conversation with myself not to strip it & get it resprayed. It’s not in bad condition i just fancy a lighter colour 🙄 . I’m thinking of a pink metal flake 😯

bol

Mmm, that would be tasteful. I’ve a feeling I’m going to be tempted to do the same with mine. I really fancy Niner orange metallic.

singlespeedstu

Can’t wait to hit some serious trails in the near future. Possibly in the Q’s

Don’t be a fool. Your wheels will explode if you take it on anything that core.

bigsi
    Free Member

Oh yeah. Silly me Stu.

Waitrose car park it is then. Those 3″ curbs are well gnarcore 😆

big_scot_nanny

29er with non-exploding tyres yesterday:

Hmmmm, El Cap loveliness! Love mine, chairlift shot was from passportes this year. Not quite enough bike, and a bit steep angled, for alpine hooning, but for everything else it is just fantastic.

That T29 is amazing, I would maybe try to build it with modded 180mm talas forks, I bet it is gorgeous to ride, only thing that would steal me away form my El Cap!

RIP also a fabulous bike, 29ers FTW! (even though I just built a Mega for alpine bashing… shhhhh!)

martinh
    Free Member

Looking forward to someone making a 160mm fork.

Until then I’ll continue taking my life in my hands my riding fire roads. All that gravel can be quite risky with big wheels.

bigsi
    Free Member

That Blue El Cap is truly a thing of beauty. Love it with the white wheels 😀

bigsi
    Free Member

So bol did you get a 2nd hand or new RIP 9?

Any pics of the build so far?

bol

No pics yet. It’s still in the box waiting to be built. It’s the one that was recently in the classifieds, with the welded down tube. Got most bits for it now, and it’s going to end up a bit blingier than initially intended. Same wheels and fork as the blue el cap – although I’m still uming and aring about going for 120 forks instead of the specified 100s.

bigsi
    Free Member

I almost went for that when it 1st came up & I’m sure it’ll be fine but thought better of taking the chance.

If it were me I’d go with the specified forks so as not to put any more pressure on the weld then necessary.

Look forward to seeing it fully built 😛

andyl
    Free Member

That RIP 9 is lovely but if any bike ever needed internal cabling then that is it. The finish is too lovely to have cables all over it.

I tried a Giant Anthem X the other week – oh my it was nice! I never thought I would fit on a 29er with my 31″ inside leg but it fitted like a glove (Medium)

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Built a bit beefier now with patented ‘non exploding wheelz’ but still ace.

uplink
    Free Member

Mine, on it’s maiden voyage

Keep it quiet but my rear tyre exploded on Sunday [sort of] 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Show us your full suss 29er trail bikes…’ is closed to new replies.