Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Show us your deathtraps
  • umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Rebuilt my gary fisher, it’s cracked at the seattube, the rear wheel was rebuilt with spokes that are too long and the dishing is completely off. 2.5” tyre on a 23mm rim on the front, headset installed with a mallet and it’s too small for me. Most fun MTB I’ve owned and it owes me about £100.

qwerty
    Free Member

That’s no deathtrap, just shonky, bit like my 69er’d 15.5″ HJ – the BB is so high it interferes with satellites.

tenfoot

Weld on the rear pivot of my Scott G Zero. The weld was done two years ago, and the bike is still going strong after frequent use

kiwijohn

What you have to do when a bike company goes under.

JoeG
    Free Member

What you have to do when a bike company goes under.

Attach a piece of tire to your shock? ❓ Is that some sort of outward display that you are mourning the brand’s passing? 😉

warton
    Free Member

is that a torture device from Saw?

pinetree
    Free Member

My death trap- old Giant Cadex which has been bastardized into a fixie, with bars off an old raleigh girls bike. It’s a proper hipster sled, and I think the lugs are coming away from the carbon tubes, but i f**king love it. The frame is dated around 1990-1992- gotta be one of the oldest carbon ones around, eh?

tthew

^^^ That’s a proper bike!

qwerty
    Free Member

A fixie with a tensioner like that wins the deathtrap race to death so far!

Haze

Not sure it’s actually a death trap, I did over 5000 miles on this including some reckless alpine descents believing it to be a lacquer crack…

wiggles
    Free Member

Defo counts as a deathtrap if you rode it with a Stanley blade in it

Haze

I stick ’em in the cracks in my carbon bars too…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This thread is seriously lacking cutlery.

pinetree
    Free Member

I should point out at this point, that the bike had a freewheel at this point- It’s now a proper fixie with no tensioner. It’s vertical dropouts, but running it 42/16 with a half-link chain seems to fit perfectly! It’s also got a deep section front wheel now to make it even more hipsterrific!

oliverracing

I wouldn’t class these as death traps, but I’ve frequently been told they are!

Finished it on friday – let hope it holds up!!!!

Been riding to for about 10 months now – only tried to kill me a few times – my favorite was when the bb shell came debonded around cannock (below)

EDIT: thinking about it, I’ve also been told the disc mount is a death trap too

Klunk
    Free Member

a bit of tyre wear 😳

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Show us your deathtraps’ is closed to new replies.