• This topic has 25 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Show us your caravans
  • daveells
    Free Member

We want one ,we’re not alone,
    are we?

jon1973
    Free Member

carbon337
    Free Member
    daveells
    Free Member

🙄

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Do you feel you “own the road”?

Do you take a large and expensive car out on a Sunday for a very slow scenic drive?

Are you over 55?

Are you crap at reversing?

If you answer “yes” to at least 2 of the above you should definitely get a caravan!! 😉

phildowling
    Free Member

I am truely shocked and embrassesed by your 1st statement Dave, i though you were such a nice guy… 😆

daveells
    Free Member

Yeah yeah bring it on ,i know they are wrong but it feels so right ,the curtains ,the doylies, ooohh baby CARAVANING

phildowling
    Free Member

Right that’s it i’m repocessing the 69er…although i do have a Volvo auto estate now f you need a towing car 😉

uplink
    Free Member

daveells
    Free Member

Mmmm…..estate towing car ,with those add-on wide mirrors …must resist

Milkie
    Free Member

My mate is hopefully picking his up on Monday! A Hobby 610 Excelsior 2005.

He does live in a field looking after the Pheasants for nearly 4 months of the year. I convinced him its better than using a horse box and Navara.

One like this.

Hopefully get some pics, when its on the field next week.

Should make for some good biking trips too!

scraprider
    Free Member

oh sod it , i got one , and its very nice , been to afan in it as well

bedmaker

RoterStern
    Free Member

We’ve got a Hobby caravan too. One like this but a bit longer. Sleeps five which is good seeing as we have three kids and to be honest it’s a much nicer way of spending a holiday than the stress of a hotel. We usually head down south to Italy via Austria in the summer and the camping around the Garda Lake is excellent and right on at the water’s edge. When the kids are a it older we plan to use it for the winter holidays in Austria too if we can a get a place before the Dutch take them all!

konabunny
    Free Member

how much do you pay on the ferry and at a campsite for hookup?

dr_adams
    Free Member

don’t people in caravans normally just “hook up” to the nearest lamp post? or is that just my experience?

Stoner
    Free Member

Excelsior
    Challenger
    Conqueror
    Laser 650
    Ranger
    Quasar
    Champ

Note to Caravan Branding Managers: Caravans are large white boxes doing 50mph in the middle lane on the back of a Rover 200. They are not supercharged superstud machines or rufty-tufty lumberjack’s scrotum that can make young women orgasm from 100 paces. So dont try naming them as one.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

LOL

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

caravans belong in one place only

D’YA LIKE DAGS?

sqweeeezzz
    Free Member

🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I felt ill with this thread, but then I saw that airstream pic.

It’s almost kewl.

coffeeking
    Free Member

My parents have one, we always used to do family holidays in it – its was brilliant. I can understand the hatred of some caravan drivers though, happy to say my father wasnt one of these, I dont think he ever drove any differently (other than giving consideration for length etc) with the caravan than without, he’ll still happily overtake slow cars on an A road if it’s safe and they’re going slower than him (often). The look of mortification on some peoples face when a caravan overtakes them is very funny. And he could out reverse God given the chance to try, I can remember a few times when meeting unsteady caravanners head on in narrow single-track roads where he’s reversed 1/4 of a mile and then got out and driven the other persons car&van through the gap no problems after the other person got stuck in 10 yards and then couldnt decide if they could fit the gap lol.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

he could out reverse God given the chance to try

THAT is what dads are for 😀

Oxboy
    Free Member

lovin the airstream and only £45,000 + too! 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

THAT is what dads are for

I wholely agree 😀

mrmo
    Free Member

most amusing sight i can remember recently was the sight of two Q7’s towing caravans meeting on a devon lane near Georgeham. Watching them trying to reverse, i think the driver of the bus i was on eventually took pity and decided he wanted to get home, he got out and reversed one of the caravans out of the way.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Show us your caravans’ is closed to new replies.