Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Show us those commute temps / winter photos
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

It was freezing this morning. So much for the -2c forecast.

Very scenic mind.

prawny

-2 on Friday

[video]https://youtu.be/KnFAJu8WUzc[/video]

roverpig

One from last weekend. Not a commute though 🙂

Pickers

On a commute home a year or two back – we were turfed out at lunchtime as the people in cars were a bit worried….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p67Rem]No shit Sherlock! Winter commuting at it’s finest![/url] by Richard Picton, on Flickr

benp1

I think the lowest mine has been recently is -2c. I’m commuting from London suburbs into Central London so roads are gritted and busy

No snow has settled on the roads this winter

TiRed

Just -2 today, so came in on the fixed for better traction. Any snow and it will be the trike.

madxela
    Free Member

Enjoyed frozen mud this morning (much better than the “muddiest commute ever” last week). Just the odd touch of frost on the untreated back lanes to watch out for, but 3″ tyres = fun. If you had told me last year i’d be commuting on a plus bike I’d have burst my sides 🙂

sundaywobbler

-5 last week at 630ish, out in the sticks away from towns, that was chilly! This morning at 0 was positively tropical 😆

MrSalmon
    Free Member

-2 a couple of mornings a couple of weeks ago, rarely gets lower than that round my way.

The cold doesn’t really bother me but these days though I sack it off and get the train if I think it’s going to be very icy. CBA with holes in clothes and annoying little injuries.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Hovering around freezing here on the south isle. Actually made most of the trails pretty decent yesterday.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

34c today. Looks like weather’s gonna be nice for invasion day.

RoterStern
    Free Member

This was from my 100km cross ride last Saturday with the temperature a positively mild -5 degrees. We’ve had snow since the start of the new year and it hasn’t gone yet. This morning we were treated to frozen rain (actually started coming down in the middle of my night ride last night) which leaves a polished covering of ice over everything which makes standing up difficult enough, never mind riding. 😐

flanagaj
    Free Member

34c today. Looks like weather’s gonna be nice for invasion day.

There’s always one! What I’d give for 34c.

Dyffers
    Free Member

Not many days the studded tyres come out, but was glad of them this morning riding the patchy ice at -6°C in the Winterborne valley. Never any snow in Costa del Dorset of course.

Riding in neg temps makes the commute feel like less of a drudge and more like I’ve overcome some minor kind of adversity.

kimbers

The local lakes been frozen for about 3 days. kimbers jr doesnt mind, hes swiped my tweedlove hat

not as cold last night but was -4.5 when i finished my nightride last thursday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Show us those commute temps / winter photos’ is closed to new replies.