Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Show us the bikes you’ve built
  • mboy
    Free Member

My current 3…

My Maverick ML7.2

My Genesis Altitude

My Giant Reign X

Love them all in their own special ways!

Here’s one from a few years ago though, hopefully Mamadirt might appreciate this one… Was a very sweet bike, shame it didn’t suit much of my riding at all!

mboy
    Free Member

OK, that didn’t work…

Clicky link here for my old Intense Tazer

rs
    Free Member

soops
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

so how many of these are actually built? as opposed to ‘hung parts off a ready made frame’ i was hoping to see bike frames welded together by the owner, someone must have been on the Dave Yates course?

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Someday id love to, need to learn welding first of course.

deluded
    Free Member

r6ymy
    Free Member

so how many of these are actually built? as opposed to ‘hung parts off a ready made frame’ i was hoping to see bike frames welded together by the owner, someone must have been on the Dave Yates course?

My mate Konahead did the Dave Yates course, end a result was a very clean looking 853 hardtail, lovely welding and a nice build. I’ve not seen him ride it yet though!

jimthesaint

Not a comprehensive list, I worked out that I put a new frame together with bits at least once every three months, but ones that I have photos of.

Haze

Jase_MK
    Free Member

1995 Zaskar LE – probabaly about 3rd or 4th incarnation by now and still going super strong.

allyharp

1999 Kona Fire Mountain

Mostly built up from hand-me-down parts from other bikes with a few 2nd hand forum bargains thrown in.

LardLover
    Free Member

retro restoration:

Favourite custom respray:

Updated:[b]

[u]THE 1st COTIC STERLING SILVER HEADBADGE (all others are copy of this)[/u]

Matching SS version:

EXPENSIVE buy that went horribly wrong :(:
    From this:

To this:

Final bike before packing it all in:

And now the bike that has given me the passion and enthusiasm to actaully get out and ride again (the only bike I now have, and will need for the long forseeable future):

Filthy
    Free Member

Jim the saint

which NSBikes frame is that in your top pic?

craig1975
    Free Member

The Stem arrived today so I fitted my new lyrics, yip over biked tastic!!

jimthesaint

Filthy – It’s a NSBikes Society frame. It climbs better than an Inbred or a Soul (I think it’s due to a stiffer BB area) and descends better than any alu hardtail I’ve ridden. As you can tell I’m really happy with it.

LardLover – Don’t take this the wrong way but if you only own a road bike and don’t intend on buying a mtb then why you here?

LardLover
    Free Member

Mountain biking has been a part of my life for so many years, I’ve been lurking around this site for most of those years. I know quite a few people on here and find the discussions (for want of a better word) extremely entertaining.

I may return to mountain biking, but not until next year, I promised myself a full year off from RIDING mounatin bikes as I had become sick of it, it didn’t hold any interest, it still doesn’t, maybe because I’m enjoying my road cycling.

Just because I no longer have ANY interest in mountain biking, doesn’t mean I don’t want to read What’s New etc.

Is that enough of an explanation?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Here’s one from a few years ago though, hopefully Mamadirt might appreciate this one… Was a very sweet bike, shame it didn’t suit much of my riding at all!

Oooh yes mboy – love it 😀 . Fortunately for me, being short, the Tazer is the perfect do-it-all bike.

jimthesaint

LardLover – Crikey you’re a complex fella aren’t you. I’m sure your last post made perfect sense to you but I still can’t work out why you say

I no longer have ANY interest in mountain biking

yet look at mountain bike websites.

Each to their own though.

Filthy
    Free Member

Perhaps he’s a closet mountain biker… you know rides a road bike but secretly has a desire to get back on to the muddy trails.

Are you in denial LardLover ❓ 😆

antigee

this should have been on the i built it with bits from ebay and classifieds thread
    £30 ebay trek easton frame, planet x carbon forks, easton drops, xt chainset, wheels?, CX tyres, new bits – frogglegs and STIs – does the business on local big hills and out along the Trans- PennineTrail

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Hes just confused let him experiment a little 😆

Hadge
    Free Member

I’ve built all my last god knows how many bikes but my current Yeti 575 has a more personal touch in the fact as I built the wheel hubs – as in machined them – cool hey. Even laser etched too

Yeti 575

Merlin Oreas

Intense 5.5 XVP

Turner 5 Spot

Yeti ARC

Santa Cruz Blur

Pace RC303

Spesh S Works HT

There’s more lol

Filthy
    Free Member

Nice little collection Hadge, I particularly like the 5 spot.

allyharp

Do you still own all those bikes Hadge or is that going back in time of ones you’ve built? 😯

ChrisSwansea
    Free Member

Just spent the last two months financing/rebuilding my slack old ’88 Cannondale into a commuter/tourer. My father in law organised a pimp spray job with some left over paint he had knocking around his body shop – so now my bike and some scally’s Astra are the only vehicles in Swansea with this tri-tone paint job 🙂
    More pics/spec here if you are interested.

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Show us the bikes you’ve built’ is closed to new replies.