Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Show off your blog…
  • umop3pisdn
    Free Member

[/url]

null

Something me and my uni mates mess about with, food, cocktails and music..

andrewh
    Free Member

Mine’s all about bikes. And a little bit of running if you search hard enough.
    http://www.andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk
    Just out of interest, how many hits are people getting? A typical month for me would be 800-1,000, my best ever was 1,700ish in October last year when I put the World Champs race report up. Is this number good/bad or fairly average?

richpips
    Free Member

Rarely updated “it’s all about Me”

http://sometimesridesbikes.blogspot.co.uk/

More often updated “it’s all about my Boy”

http://minipips.blogspot.co.uk/

Just out of interest, how many hits are people getting? A typical month for me would be 800-1,000, my best ever was 1,700ish in October last year when I put the World Champs race report up. Is this number good/bad or fairly average?

Hits 3.3K last month on my boys blog. I think it got 5K last January.

crosshair
    Free Member

Cheers for the inspiration. Purely for my own satisfaction in re-living my rides etc, I’ve decided to publish my own blog
    Taming the Beast about my re-ignited passion for mtbing.

It is going to take me a while to transfer and edit all the stuff I’ve written elsewhere so if you like it, please check back regularly.

ceepers

I get around 4-6k hits a month. A good way to generate traffic is to exchange spots on a blog roll with other similar sites

wittonweavers
    Free Member

My blog is a combination of being a diary of my riding and also a celebration of the West Pennine Moors and its history…

http://www.wittonweavers.co.uk

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Mine is here … More of a photo blog than a specific riding one, although a huge chunk of the photos have been taken whilst I’ve been riding…

vorlich
    Free Member

I think I may win…worst blog name

Mostly photos, sometimes nice, sometimes not. Bikes and hills too.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Need to pay more attention to mine, a few distractions at the moment: http://www.onegear.net/

danielgroves
    Free Member

Alright, inspiration found (vorlich, some of those photos are incredible). I’m feeling the need to start a photoblog (cameraroll?) on my site, shall stick something together when my new lens arrives later this week 😀

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Roger the cat…… Love the template !

This thread has inspired me to start blogging again……. I did ok with my previous one until three years ago…… It covered my Lambretta racing antics …. http://Www.paulmgreen.co.uk

I am just setting up a new wordpress blog ….. Once more ….. ,

deets

I am The Over-Enthusiastic Cyclist.

Just posted a write-up on todays hike-a-bike fun in the lakes.

Only started a year ago but people seem to like it, fresh post every other week on average. It gives me something creative to do now I’m not dicking about in the music industry and is actually much more rewarding.

scotroutes

Just added that one to my reading list

andrewh
    Free Member

exchange spots on a blog roll

What does that mean then?
    Current biggest sources of traffic are links from here and the XCRacer site. You know how you can see what people have googled to arrive on your site? I have two articles about the Brighton Big Dog, this year’s race and last years. I’m surprised just how many google ‘dogging in Brighton’ three or four every month arrive on my site, probably not quite what they were looking for.

nano
    Free Member

VCSE

It’s entirely road racing based.. Don’t flame me straight away 😉

Typo’s are all mine

chojin
    Free Member

Damn it. I read the topic as show off your DOG.

Can you imagine the disappointment.

Nick

Mostly about the Welsh Ride Thing and Giant 27.5 bikes 🙂

I Will Be Back Soon

rOcKeTdOg

to try and motivate myself to ride more i post one photo from every ride, four years into the blog and i ride more every year so it’s worked, here’s my effort, a amazing 53k+ views so far! Tales from the North Worcestershire Alps

ceepers

@andrewh the blogroll:

If you look at the right hand side of mine Adventures in trim there’s some thumbnails of pics/ posts from other blogs. When they post a thumbnail of their post appears on mine. When I post a thumbnail of my post appears on the side of their blog. Most people are happy to exchange links. Just cheekily email people who have blogs you like!

There’s a bit in the layout section of blogger that let’s you set this up

therealhoops
    Free Member

The ONLY blog for me.

There’s bike pics and everything!

Bedds
    Free Member

This is great, added a few to my blog roll of this thread 🙂

Here’s mine

scotroutes

Added

stilltortoise
    Free Member
    scotroutes

This is obviously an issue for lots of folk. I added some blogs to my reading list way back and some of the most interesting ones are never updated. I do think it all comes down to “why” you are blogging. If, like me, it’s more of a personal diary and it’s just open to other folk to read then it’s often easier. If you are trying to be all philosophical or topical then it can be harder to come up with good, relevant content.

As part of a recent relocation, I found an old notebook in which I’d written down some notes about a walk along the West Highland Way (in 1993). It was actually quite amusing and fascinating to read it back after all these years.

http://www.blog.scotroutes.com/p/walking-west-highland-way.html

I’m looking forward to similar reactions when I look back at my current posts in 20 years time (if God spares me etc, etc, etc)

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Sometimes I have something to say, sometimes I have something to say but don’t have the time/opportunity to get my thoughts down and sometimes I simply have nothing to say 😀

Most of the time I simply forget I even have a blog. It does get automatically updated by Twitter and Flickr feeds though

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Mine is certainly a diary & a gentle tease of people on the ride for misadventures or those who have copped out for one reason or another – I imagine if you don’t know the people then its very dull.

I’ve never looked at the stats before, it seems to show c.8k pm with a peak of 19k last July but I suspect that to be web crawlers rather than actual humans.

Still I enjoy doing it & those I ride with seem to look forwards to the next installments – as do their wives to see what they’ve been up to – not sure my misses has ever looked at it though – typical 🙂

twinklydave

Nearly 8 years of occasional rambling!

I didn’t realise there was that much of it. Nor do I know how many people look at it. Probably just my mum, to check I’m still alive and wasting money on bikes 🙂

Bedds
    Free Member

Thanks Scotroute.. 🙂

danielgroves
    Free Member

I said I’d do it, and had already been thinking about it for a while anyway, so here goes.

Added a new section to my site today, explicitly as a camera roll of my adventures and probably some digital photography experiments thrown in. First post just went up.

Got some big adventures coming up this year too, so there should be plenty to go up (once I’ve gotten through the last few months of this degree!)

marvincooper

Just getting mine going. I’m training for a London to Paris 24 hour ride and set the blog up to support that. Hoping to keep it going beyond the L2P just to keep track of where I’ve been on the bike.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Mine is here, ianwarnes.co.uk

I get a fair amount of traffic but could always do with more.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Show off your blog…’ is closed to new replies.