Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Show me your……….Corian.
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

We’re currently planning a new kitchen and are looking to go for Corian work tops.

The layout we have will be galley style with the main section being 3000 x 600 and a hob cut in. Opposite to this will be an island the same length but 900 depth and a cut out for a double (but separated) sink. Our budget is around 4K but would push to 4.5.

I’m interested to see what other people have gone for and roughly what sort of price paid. I know it’s not cheap but retailers really seem to vary with quotes.

Cheers

sprootlet
    Free Member

Hi
    We used corian in our kitchen and it has been fantastic, love the lack of any visible joins. It’s been in for about 3 yrs now and no signs of wear.
    I think when we bought it there were 4 price ranges with a plain solid colour being the cheapest and 4 being the ones that had lots of colours in them. Sorry I can’t remember the cost but it was no more expensive than granite and we went for a one in price band 3.
    I would definitely have it again

drlex
    Free Member

I’ll see if I can post up a picture tonight of my old kitchen.
    Did the island entirely in Corian – 3 sides and overhanging top.
    Would recommend the Corian sinks, too.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I’m getting all sorts of mixed quotes at the moment. Including Corian sinks, rounded edge islands, hob, sink hole and sink drainage cut outs, Magnet quoted £6.3k!, John Lewis £5.5k approx and 3D Worktops £3.6.

That last quote from 3D I expect will probably jump another 1K as they quoted for group 1 colour rather than group 4 (quite like Antartica) plus the sinks might be different sizes.

My dad had Corian in his old house which was tutti fruti in colour, Festival I think they called it. Amazing!

drlex
    Free Member

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Very nice. I’ve been looking at concrete tops too and islands as an alternative. £££££!!!!!

benmotogp46
    Free Member

OP update. Delighted with the outcome.

km79
    Free Member

Looks great.

dantsw13

Very nice! I’m just planning my new kitchen to fit end of May. Current thinking is River White granite for the worktops. Units will be handmade solid wood, to be fitted by me.

matt_outandabout

aaaargh, the two pipes!

drlex
    Free Member

Very good! What about a shot of the hob section?

(I agree with Matt OaA- box those rad. pipes.)

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Thanks for the positive comments. The copper pipes are intentional as we went for the Raw / Industrial look and this kind of fitted in with the factory lights, Column Radiator (school Rad) and exposed brick walls.

Google “Copper Pipe Lighting”. Not what we went for but same kind of theme. Seems to be a popular choice at present.

drlex – I’ll upload a Hob section if interested.

spooky_b329

I don’t think there is enough ‘raw’ look…the pipes just look like they’re unfinished.

If you had thrown in steel conduit/surface mounted switches, and a run of galvanised ducting from the cooker hood and exposed traywork for the overhead lighting it would probably come together quite nicely.

PS – I’d happily compromise on the pipes if that kitchen came with with them 🙂

mikedabear
    Free Member

That looks really good.

.(I agree with Matt OaA- box those rad. pipes.)

I have to agree that bare copper pipes are not a good look, but it is
    not as bad as that nasty Double socket in the end of you island.
    If you lacquer the copper with a clear matt they will retain their look whereas if you leave them they will tarnish and go brown or worst ways green.

matt_outandabout

He, I was being harsh over the pipes. It’s a cracking kitchen….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Show me your……….Corian.’ is closed to new replies.