Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)
  • Show me your xc hardtails
  • crispybacon
    Free Member

This one's for 'Timmo' 😉

pinches
    Free Member

here's mine. Slight changes in spec since the last "xc hardtail" thread. Not sure what it weighs these days, new fork has dropped me about half a pound, also lighter headset, bars and pedals.

Out of interest, Njee (nick) what scales do you own? thinking of buying some.

29er Rohloff. Taken with the map board still on straight after a trailquest.

njee20
    Free Member

I've got me one of these with scales in it, seems really good, accurate when I've weighed calibrated weights, good enough for me!

pinches
    Free Member

Cool idea, but slightly over my budget!

cinnamon_girl

22.42 lbs.

Ooooooooooooooh, what's going on?

cinnamon_girl

oldgrump08
    Free Member

turnerman – what are you doing with the dekerf???

Chrismc1
    Free Member

My Yeti ARC sitting at 23lbs at the mo

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Had this:

Broke it.
    Built this out of some of the parts:

Thief broke it.
    Built this out of what was left:

Still running (although it is only 4 months old to be fair.
    Have this as well. Counts as xc in my book, although the weight may rule it out in some of your books:

grtdkad

Scale – mmmmm, nice !
    Just scanning the web for some new bits for my new HT build and spotted this bargain at 3.3k – bargain – really – just wish I had some spare pennies in the bank…18.3lbs Scott Scale LTD

sc-xc

This is 19.2lb in this 'all mountain' guise, but can go up to 21.2lb with the Junior T's for XC use.

AndyF1
    Free Member

Here`s mine,about 20lbs.

Timmo
    Free Member

Crispy! your a star!!
    Evening Matt!

my soul, which is pretty much Matt's fault! after it was he that convinced me to look at steel frames when i broke the old carbon one,

its something like 25lb's – mass of all parts plus a bit!

and a gratuitous In use pic because i Love it loL!

Kevevs
    Free Member

HarveyStedham
    Free Member

Pic of my focus overlooking studland while out on the purbecks a few weeks back.

Has a few changes since then, now has a hope/stans 355 pro 3 front to go with the pro 2/stans rear. Just converted to tubeless and while the front speedking folding happily took to it, the rear raceking supersonic is not liking it!! Think i will ditch it for a folding one instead for normal riding.

njee20
    Free Member

Maxxlite 310s Andy? Brave man.

That's one I'd say 20lbs is probably reasonably conservative!

AndyF1
    Free Member

Aye,310s. Would you belive ive not punctured yet and also managed to stay upright.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

now sporting a longer blacker stem.

njee20
    Free Member

I only used mine once, hilarious tyres! I personally find Furious Freds grippier, and easier to run tubeless, whilst being lighter and cheaper, the Maxxlites are obscenely expensive, although admittedly not as bad as the 285s.

cinnamon_girl

Rusty – that looks silly fast! You riding it tomorrow?

AndyF1
    Free Member

Yep rrp is bonkers money, i picked them up for a not too bad £35 new for the pair. Cheers for the heads up on the freds.

tazzymtb

njee20- how are the freds as a front tyre? i seem to have ended up with some silly light 29er versions (cheers SSEC)and they went tubeless remarkably easily, but I bottled it and took them off again as I had visions of getting gravel rash a school boy would be proud of on the first loose gravel corner 😕

Richard85
    Free Member

Heres my Scale. Changed a lot from the stock build…its that clean cause I live in a flat.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

'looks silly fast' – it would be if it didn't have a fat biffer piloting it. 😳

grtdkad

Tazzy, I run a Fast (not furious) Fred on the front and I was blitzing c20 miles of our local (dry) trails last night without any issues at all…a mint tyre!

tazzymtb

rightyho, if i loose skin at least I can blame someone else..not the fact that I'm a complete mincer. On the plus point it will make the big wheel ss a smidge over 20lbs so it'll be very fast until ambulance O'clock 😉

mushrooms
    Free Member

el_boufador

some bloody gopping bikes on this thread. too much crap like water bottles saddle bags and mudguards all over.

scott_mcavennie2 – nice series of bikes there.

My kenisis maxlight. Sadly she bought it recently- snapped at the seattube. 🙁 Great, great, great bike though. Looked lovely too.

p.s. whoops spot the mudguards

Kevevs
    Free Member

el_boufador it's not how they look that matters eh? Mind you, mines got bits that have no extra function being gold. And gold is heavier. Yes, it is REAL gold.

(goldmember) I Loooooooove goooold! (/goldmember)

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

oldgrump08-De-kerf frame currently on Ebay.Accepting offers?
    Thanx Max

Reluctant
    Free Member

Seven years old and still riding like a good 'un. Love it!

JRTG
    Free Member

Not strictly a hardtail but never mind. It is fugly but pretty all at the same time :?.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Again from the literal-minded end of XC (ie. used for crossing the country)

stu1972
    Free Member

Heres my Cove Handjoc XC,

Yeah she's no lightweight at 28.2lbs but so what, I can cane the @arse out of this baby and it still wants more !!!

Just added 09 XT shifters & servowave brakes & rotors

Wheels and hubs next on agenda 😉

Toombsy
    Free Member

http://www.moredirt.co.uk/ratebike.php?id=7912

dont know how to paste photo so have paste link to my clunker………

OCB
    Free Member

Don't really know what XC is these days – but this is probably the most XC bike I've got.

It's up in the high 20lbs if it's an ounce tho' …

_tom_
    Free Member

Not really your typical XC bike, but I do ride that sort of stuff on it as well as jumping etc 🙂

It's quite short and slack so not the best for climbing, but lovely to descent on.

epicsteve
    Free Member

My Soul in XC config:

ratherbeintobago

Andy

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Show me your xc hardtails’ is closed to new replies.