Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Show me your woodburning/multifuel stoves please.
  • Bunnyhop

Need ideas to pinch.

Thanks.

Harry_the_Spider

Ours.

Ignore the ****t in the foreground (picture for another thread).

maxray
    Free Member

It has bedded in nicely since last year, we clean the glass at regular intervals and it has stayed lovely and almond despite what you might think.

Best thing we have bought for the house to date, nothing beats a nice fire and a glass of wine. 😀

ononeorange

Are you thinking of using an existing chimney? If not, it can get very expensive. We had a quote to have one put into the kitchen recently (no usable chimney) and suffice to say we could buy an Aga and have plenty of change for the amount the quote came out at for installing a new flue etc.

Having to re-think how to heat the kitchen a little better, unfortunately the best I can come up with that's afforable is changing the radiators, but that's another story.

I must say though there's some amazing designs around.

hora
    Free Member

Hijack- in our area we are allowed smokeless fuel- Maxray how much was yours and can you use smokeless coal etc in yours?

Drac

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It was the only pic I could find LOL

And it is the same stove as ^^^^^

geoffj

Drac – I'd get rid of that wooden mantle piece if I were you. If you don't I certainly wouldn't leave the stove on unattended.

hora
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider love your windows

keppoch

Drac,

What model stove is that and what is the heat output, I like the look of it but only have a small room so don't want to buy something that will melt me!

keppoch.

Drac

It's the Morsó Badger very good little stove 5kw output it heats the whole of our house just by leaving all the doors open.

Also like to say fitting a log burner has been the best thing we've done to the house, had a £400 gas rebate within the first 6 months and that was through this winter gone.

maxray
    Free Member

Hora I think the stove was about £1100, it was about £2750 all in for flue, fitting and the various building certificates.

It is a Charnwood multi stove (uk designed and built if that floats your boat) with different grate settings for wood/coal. We are not in a smokeless zone but after the initial lighting you can't see hardly any smoke from the chimmney so we tend to burn logs etc mostly. I guess it depends where you live and so on.

Bunnyhop

Thanks guy's. Lol @ Harry and Mastiles.

Hora – we're in a smokeless zone and having a stovax stockton, which is certified for use in a smokeless area.

Just got to decide what hearth now. Also do we leave the bricks bear at the back or have it all boarded and plastered? Descisions, descisions.

More pictures please.

Drac

Ours is sandstone at the back.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Just got to decide what hearth now. Also do we leave the bricks bear at the back or have it all boarded and plastered? Descisions, descisions.

Bare brick – plaster is too hard, it'll crack in no time from the heat (unless you're putting a 5kW stove in a Tudor-Mansion-Sized fireplace….)

Harry_the_Spider

Bare bricks at our old house cleaned up with a "flap pad" in an angle grinder then re-pointed.

Minging job but worth it.

Small boy not included.

Bunnyhop

That's great Harry.
    Your first picture is where we are up to at the moment.

'Flap pad', mmm must remember that, and try not to laugh when talking about such a piece of equipment.

organic355
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider

You will need a couple of flap pads as they wear out quite quickly.

The dust is incredible. I would suggest that you make NBT a packed lunch and give him something to wee in then seal him in the room for the day with tape round the door. I had the windows open and used a wall paper steamer to knock the dust out of the air when I couldn't see the walls anymore. I'm being serious here!

Do not leave anything in the room that you don't want ruining (apart from NBT, but you could probably get a younger model anyway if he breaks or clogs up).

He will also need ear defenders (plugs won't do), sealed goggles and a good dust mask.

If I were you I would take the opportunity to go away for the weekend when he does it.

Bunnyhop

No we're sending my young 7 year old nephew up the chimney that should do the trick.

We are indeed going to hermetically (sp?) seal nbt into the room, better still, a chap who actually knows what he is doing will be in there too.
    Under no circumstances are they going to be allowed through the house, everything is going around the back and through the french door.

Thanks for all the tips.

Right got to do some work now.

trail_rat
    Free Member

small but packs a mighty punch !

had a multifuel at my parents , moved into a flat without – amaizing how much you miss it ! – new house pre requisit wass to have a fire !

dont laugh at decor – still working on that part !

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Show me your woodburning/multifuel stoves please.’ is closed to new replies.