Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Show me your woodburning stove installations…
  • bearnecessities

I need ideas.

Not for stove; I’ve a fair idea on what I want from that.

Just the surround – I was going to go for plain render & stone hearth, but it’s a mahoosive space to fill, and will be the centrepiece of the living room, so just wondered what folks have done?

trail_rat
    Free Member

my standard reply for these . Simple but i like it

bearnecessities

I like that simplicity. That’s what I had in mind but I don’t have the lintel sticking out like that.

Or is that a piece of timber stuck on with NMN? 😉

sc-xc

I like your coffee table…Oak Furniture Land?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Itsa gert bit of ebay oak we drilled hole in the back of and we epoxied stainless steel threaded rod into the drilled holes in wall and put a big dirty spreader plate on the back and bolted it in place

Table is indeed ofl but its not oak its mango wood

sc-xc

We have the mango stuff (but not coffee table) in our living room…

Our stove is getting installed on Tuesday, I shall update then!

globalti
    Free Member

This was ours when we first installed it:

We decided it looked a bit bare so I got a plank of cedar and fitted two mirror plates into recesses in the back then hung it off two screws on the wall, so now it looks as if there’s a nice cedar mantle. It lifts off for decorating though.

sandwicheater

Not got a recent photo so Christmas mode will have to do.

[/url][/img]

tommid
    Free Member

This is ours been in about 6 months and has saved us a fortune in oil already.
    With the stove which is an 11kw Parkray, the total cost for removing the old fire place making the hole bigger and the lintel was just over £2k.

bigblackshed

Summer mode:

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

ickle doggie gone but not forgotten :o(

niksnr
    Free Member

image by niksnr, on Flickr

Because Mrs Snr wanted wallpaper on chimney breast I had to knock something up that would offer fire resistance to within 600mm of woodburner. Made it out of Versapanel, which is Fire Grade 0 fibre cement board. Picked it up in B&Q for about £15 per sheet. Only needed 2 sheets and a router! Just got to finish skirting and carpet now!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Show me your woodburning stove installations…’ is closed to new replies.