Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Show me your Whyte 19s
  • ackie
    Free Member

They seem to be rare as hen's teeth!
    NO ONE has one in stock to DEMO (in Large) so I need some visual encouragement to drop the coin on a "19 Race"…

GJP
    Free Member

This is my baby small one. I never demo'd one – thought it was steal at the price(!). Waited along time for it. Ordered Dec 08 arrived May 09

speaker2animals

Try finding a local Trailquest type thingy. I did one at Cannock earlier this year and by far the commonest bikes were Whyte 19s. Couple of Whyte full sussers but loads of 19s. Mostly ally ones and a couple of Ti.

ackie
    Free Member

GJP shee's beaut! Bit small for me though 😉
    Did you buy the frame only? If so dare I ask how much?

speaker2animals
    Will have a sniff around, although I'm really looking to get myself sized up on a LArge Carbon frame.

simonb
    Free Member

Here's mine Whyte 19

GJP
    Free Member

ackie – Member
    GJP shee's beaut! Bit small for me though
    Did you buy the frame only? If so dare I ask how much?

I bought the frame only. 2009 price was £1150 which I know is not cheap but considering what Spesh and Trek where charging (especially Spesh) it seemed like a "no brainer"

I thought the cheaper of the two full build 2009 models was good value (XT spec) – but I already had the wheels, brakes, some of the XTR kit and finishing kit etc so frame only seemed a better option.

I found I needed a 410 mm post to get a sufficient level of seat post insertion and that only just seemed long enough- but I was probably being over cautious on how much post needed to be in the frame.

v10
    Free Member

If your anywhere near Rutland your more than welcome to take my 09 Medium for a spin although i will only have it til my asr5 arrives in a few weeks.

You will struggle to find a demo bike at the moment none of the 2010 carbons have dropped yet (and the 09s sold out ages ago).

ackie
    Free Member

Anyone else got Whyte 19 they want to show me?

The-Badger
    Free Member

They are great – you wont regret buying one,

I think there's a dealer in Wokingham who has a large in stock

whyte 19 team

Crell
    Free Member

My 19 carbon
    – sorry for the camera phone pic, and the build details

My 19 alloy

Both great bikes. I'm really enjoying the Carbon though at the moment…though the double was a killer around Hayfield a couple of weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Whyte 19s’ is closed to new replies.