Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Show me your Whippets (especially SS)
  • MrGreedy

I’m seriously thinking about getting a Whippet to replace my cracked Giant XTC, despite the fact that they’re a bit fancy to use (partly) as a winter hack. My vague idea is to have the Whippet as a 1×9 fast blasts bike and also rigid SS for winter duties, which the swapouts should facilitate nicely. I have a Soul for rides involving rocks and hills so don’t want to overlap too much with that. Is this a silly idea?

youngwilliam
    Free Member

Is this a silly idea?

Of course owning an On-One is a stupid **** idea, get a better job or save some money to buy a proper bike.

CiderRiderRich
    Free Member

Silly – you’d be daft not to.
    Switched my Whippet to single speed for Mayhem, not swapped it back as it is such a blast. Only thing I had to do was increase the ratio (34/16) and put in a 1/2 chain (kept braking the other as I am no whippet myself !!!!)

Will get you some pics when home from work tomorrow.

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

WOOOF!

JEngledow
    Free Member

jontydewolfe – that’s the best photo I’ve seen in ages!

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

i aim to please

MrGreedy

Looking forward to the pics CRR.

youngwilliam, I think you forgot the 😉

And as for jonty – that is awesome, how the hell did you find it?

CiderRiderRich
    Free Member

Here is my 20″ Whippet still dirty after a 35 miler on Thursday night.

elaineanne
    Free Member

thats not a whippet..heres a whippet… 😉 :mrgreen:

elaineanne
    Free Member

Misty m

MrGreedy

Nice build – what length are the Rebas? How tall are you? I’m bang on 6′ so not sure whether to go for the 18″ or 20″.

CiderRiderRich
    Free Member

Reba’s are 100mm making it nice and agile. I am 6’2″ and have 400mm seat post and it seems fine to me, it is a bit stretched out mind.

If you are going to single speed a whippet, you do need to customise the chain tug to get it fit in the swap outs – try a alloy bmx one. Can do ya photos if ya want.

MrGreedy

If you are going to single speed a whippet, you do need to customise the chain tug to get it fit in the swap outs – try a alloy bmx one. Can do ya photos if ya want.

That would be ace, cheers for the advice. Sounds like the 20″ is the way to go, I’d have miles of seatpost showing on an 18″ if yours is anything to go by.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member
    nsynk
    Free Member

I have just ordered a ss Whippet. What is wrong with it as it is? Why do you need to modify it?

I am 6foot with short legs and a long back. I have gone for a 18 inch as I can always add a longer stem. do you think that was right?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Whippets (especially SS)’ is closed to new replies.