Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Show me your Vaya
  • jerrys
    Free Member

I believe the Vaya has a bit of a following on this forum.

How ‘standard’ is yours?

I’ve got a vaya 2 which I’m currently tweaking. The supplied Shimano R563 crank (50/39/30) has been replaced with a customised 5703 one running 50/39/26 and I’ve changed the rear 10 spd cassette from 11-28 to 12-30. Shifters and mechs are still 105. I might even put a bigger cassette on it in the future but not sure if the rear mech will cope.

Probably going to put a Brookes C17 on it, donated by my brother, and change the marathon plus tyres for something a bit lighter.

Then off for a spot of light touring 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I bought a F&F, but then just put kit on it I had..
    Running a standard 52 39 30 Chainset, with 12-25 out the back.
    Avid BB7s, Brooks Cambium, with Cowbell 3 bars.
    Marathon Plus Tour tyres. Heavy, yes, but bombproof.

Love it.

OCB
    Free Member

Mine was built from a frameset, so I had the freedom to do what I wanted without having to swap stuff around from a new build. That said, it’s built for reliability, so it’s all rather unexcitingly familiar stuff.

50-39-30 R563 crank (by coincidence), M770SGS r-mech, R453 f-mech, M770 cassette (11-32), BL7700 bar-end shifters, BB7MTN calipers/Cane Creek Drop-V levers (with Cane Creek cross-top levers), One-One Midge bars, Bonty RL stem, seatpost from my spares bin (it’s some kinda FSA), Charge Spoon saddle. The wheels are Bonty TLR’s, with Bonty ‘race-lite’ 700 x 32’s tyres. Planned changes are to drop the 30 to a 28, and it’ll get a new dynamo-hubbed wheelset at some stage, using the DT Swiss XR331 rims and may … get a Cambium saddle too.

The *actual* next stage tho’ will be to bloomin’ get around to finally taping the ‘bars and putting it’s proper pedals on (rather than those ‘build/test’ stage pedals) – I built it up at least a month ago, rode it for about an hour to make sure everything was ok / in the right place (which it was), and it’s just been sat around like that ever since, waiting for me to just finish it off and take it out properly …

😕

jerrys
    Free Member

OCB – don’t think you can put a smaller 28T inner chainring on the front. The R563 bcd for the inner ring is 92mm. That’s why I put the 5703 on, which has a smaller bcd of 74mm, allowing smaller than the standard 30. I picked my 5703 crank up cheap from Ribble as they are now old stock with the move of 105 to 11sp and double only on the 5800 series..

OCB
    Free Member

Good point! I had thought I had planned for doing that when I built it, but then your post made me wonder if I really did think it through after all …

… and it turns out I did, as that’s ^ a 5703 crank, not the 563.
    (Non-groupset product ID / memory fail).

🙄 😉

MussEd
    Free Member

Bought by accident. Love it.

seanthesheap
    Free Member

Bog standard in this pic except for the saddle.

OCB
    Free Member

Bought by accident. Love it.

I bought mine by accident too!

seanthesheap
    Free Member

My Vaya looks like this now, Compass Barlow Pass tyres and PDW fenders.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Seanthesheep Wins.

That is a lovely colourscheme- is it the new Ti one?

seanthesheap
    Free Member

Thanks, yeah, new ti one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Vaya’ is closed to new replies.