• This topic has 52 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Daz.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Show me your tough bikes
  • GSuperstar
    Free Member

D0NK

really should get a pic with the seat down, looks silly like that. (steerer now chopped to a non tackle catching length)

kimbers

Tracey

Katies, still to finish off.

Abigales, now has white 150mm Revelations

Mine

Kevins

Tracey

takisawa2

I built this on the burlier side of things…
    Coil Pikes / 717's on Pro2's / Hone/XT drive-train / Thomson/Easton finishing bits / 180/205 Juicy 5's…
    Initial concerns about the 717's put to rest, 2yrs of my 16st hasn't buckled them, running 2.35 Nev/Blue Groove combo.
    I like it, super stiff frame, very active unless Pro-Pedal is on, but not in a wallowy – bad way. Was running an 04 SWorks Enduro before, 4yrs of hammering that & no problems to report. Fancy an Orange 5 next.

andyl46
    Free Member

joolsburger – Member
    I like that Gspot looks sturdy! I know it's not made for it but does it climb OK or is the front end light?

It climbs ok, better since I went up a size (see below) as i can run the saddle a little further forward and the balance is better. The pro-pedal on the dhx is wound on for every climb, as shall we say, the suspension is rather active if you dont! It starts to shine on the pointy down bits though…

JEngledow – Member

I've always liked the look of the GSpot and as I'm 6'5" and 16 odd stone -what size is it?

I went from a custom finished 19"

to a 20.5" and the big fella is the better bike by far. the 19" was more nimble, but the big one just feels the better bike to ride, more stable, and more raggable at speed. And it doesn't look so much like I've just nicked a kids bike…

joolsburger
    Free Member

Interesting, I've just moved up to a 19 from a 17 and I'm finding the bike is more stable but slightly less chuckable on the twisties. Haven't had too many chances to ride so will need to reserve judgement. I have been looking at frames for the future and have narrowed it down to a Morewood, Heckler and now a G spot.

Best case mine will end up being fine with a shorter stem which will save me a grand and a half!

GaryLake
    Free Member

carlosg
    Free Member

1 set of pivot bearings and 2 sets of shock bushings in 7 years………..
    (and a complete change of everything else!)

robidoo
    Free Member

One tuff cookie.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

New since 2005 – 5 years old in June

week in the alps, no mechanicals, no punctures, bent the brake lever but that was my daft fault!!

Garden since decked!!!

jedi

gw, you knows it!! 🙂

Daz
    Free Member

My trusty Balfa, considered selling it because it is a bit lardy but it just rides sooo well i cant part with it. Now sporting a DTswiss shock which has slimmed it down a little.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Show me your tough bikes’ is closed to new replies.