Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Show me your Ti Road bikes…
  • bol

Mine is intentionally stealthy. If I’d wanted something loud I’d have bought a plastic one.

rkk01
    Free Member

Mine is intentionally stealthy. If I’d wanted something loud I’d have bought a plastic one.

Not really “loudness” that I was refering to – more “quiet, understated beauty”…

Merak

cynic-al – Member

there’s a nice Bruell on ebay just now.

Sorry, I thought you meant Baum. 😳

darrell
    Free Member

fixie inc

quite nice 😉

BadlyWiredDog

… but none of the above are the sort of gorgeous, droolworthy Ti bike pron that I would have expected.

I can only speak for myself, but I’m more concerned over how my bike rides than whether it gives you wet knickers or not. Show us your very own droolworthy slice of Ti bike pron (sic.) why don’t ya.

TiRed

… but none of the above are the sort of gorgeous, droolworthy Ti bike pron that I would have expected.

Fixed that for you… Mine has a little less engraving, as the featured bike was for a show, but it is a work of art, nevertheless.

Merak

Looks like a pistol from the wild west. Taste is subjective I suppose, but those intricately engraved Merlins are not my cup of tea. Its a tool not an ornament imo. ❗

bol

I’ve never been tempted by the engaging. But then I’ve never fancied a tattoo either. Plain and simple, that’s me.

13thfloormonk

I might upset a few folks now…

IMO a road bike should look fast even standing still – clean lines, simple, eye pleasing beauty etc??

The qoroz comes close – perhaps if it was a polished frame…

Yeah… I kind of agree, although that blue one up there ^ has redressed the balance a little.

I put a Moots post on my Cannondale CAAD9 the other day, and although I’ll be leaving it on, the sort of organic swoopiness and matt lustre of the Moots doesn’t really go with the big butch aluminium tubing and team graphics.

Last year’s Cubes were quite nice, can’t find a picture of the £7000 one though…

mingsta
    Free Member

Here’s a side on shot my Seven Alaris as it was back in 2006. A bit old fashioned by today’s standards, with its skinny tubes and skinwall tyres but it still rides like a dream.

druidh
    Free Member

13thfm – I much prefer the graphics on this years LPTs

BadlyWiredDog

Last year’s Cubes were quite nice, can’t find a picture of the £7000 one though…

Sorry, that looks alarmingly like a tube of multi-striped toothpaste, titanium trying hard to look like carbon, nasty. But each to his or her own eh…

rkk01
    Free Member

Show us your very own droolworthy slice of Ti bike pron (sic.) why don’t ya.

Sadly, I don’t have any online hosted photos, and a “quick” trawl of Joolze’s site wasn’t going to turn up any of me riding it without having any old race numbers close at hand. Today, it hangs in the garage as a stripped, craked frame, whilst I contemplate the feasibility / economics of repair 🙁

Suffice to say, it looked wonderful, rode even better, but being relatively skinny tubed (by today’s standards) didn’t photograph too well.

Perhaps it is part of the appeal of “big” bikes to the marketeers – photograph well and plenty of room for corporate logos etc?

The blue big above ^ is what I call a road bike – that looks fast – would be fab with a raw metal polished frame

jamesb
    Free Member

Van Nic Yukon, very comfy to ride and has a lifetime warranty 🙂
    But if buying again Id go for Druidhs bike, an Amazon?, as I like idea of discs and wider tyres to cope with appalling state of country lanes, BUT unless someone knows of a disc specific CAMPAG 🙂 hub I`m not changing, as all my road equipment is Campy 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

The blue big above ^ is what I call a road bike – that looks fast – would be fab with a raw metal polished frame

Oh come on, you’re just getting carried away with the spangly paint job, the low camera angle and the dry ice in the background 😉 It just looks like a bog standard road bike with some designery graphics. It’s simple on here – 1. Garish paint-job 2. Camera angle that makes the bike look poised and dynamic, lower front end, strong diagonal line. 3. Brand no-one’s heard of… – and suddenly, ‘oooh, that’s what I call a road bike etc.

The nice thing about ti is that it’s simple and restrained and subtle, not like some tart’s boudoir of a carbon fibre rainbow bike… And it’s about the ride, not the looks anyway. I’m not saying bikes aren’t or can’t be beautiful, but come on 🙂 😉 😕

Duc
    Free Member

Disc specific campag hub – erm Hope ? Are the freehubs not interchangeable between road and off road hubs ?

Also what about a stainless bike like the Fixie Inc,Enigma, Cinelli or any of the other builders using 953 or XCR tube sets.

rkk01
    Free Member

Oh come on, you’re just getting carried away with the spangly paint job,

Nope – I specifically said it would look good in the raw metal…

the low camera angle

Yep – that certainly helps

and the dry ice in the background

Nope, not worried about the smoke – although the professional studio lighting will definately be helping the overal finished image…

The nice thing about ti is that it’s simple and restrained and subtle, not like some tart’s boudoir of a carbon fibre rainbow bike

I agree completely – hence my initial comment about clean simple lines.

rkk01
    Free Member

Have found a few of my (non road) Ti bike

cynic-al
    Free Member

jamesbb I am currently considering a non-permanent DIY Yukon disc conversion 😎

Rik
    Free Member

Loads of options for disc brakes and campag gears.

Here just a few:

Mavic cassette – shimano fit/campag spacing

St Jonh Street Cycles – sell a US made inline cam for the gear cable which means campag shifters and shimano cassette.

DT Swiss 240 hub – with a campag freehub body (the option I have)

Duc
    Free Member

Or come to think of it an ambrosio cassette that I have which runs Campag 10 speen on a shimano freehub body!
    Cheaper than a cmapg cassette too

jamesb
    Free Member

Hope don`t from my correspondence with them do a campag disc hub, as above I thought I could just swop shimano / campy freehubs; but thanks also for other info 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Ti Road bikes…’ is closed to new replies.