Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Show me your stove installs with twinwall
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Already got two stoves with chimneys but probably going to install one with no existing flue, so show me what it could look like.

Also, black or silver flue (modern’ish house)?

While I’m at it – there’s no hearth so would be fitting a 12mm sheet of something to the wooden floor below, can it simply be stuck down with gripfill or similar?

martinhutch

This is your bible with regards to both hearth thicknesses and dimensions and flue design (if you’re in England or Wales)

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_AD_J_2010_V2.pdf

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Our Dru 78 M/F, pipe goes through ceiling into loft space then through concrete tiled roof/flashing.

sharkbait
    Free Member

twinw4ll, am I right in saying that once into the roofspace the pipe has to go though through 2 x 45 deg bends before going out through the roof or can it be straight?

(The property in question is ‘upside down’ with the living room on the first floor).

I also see there’s a panel fitted to the wall behind the stove – is this because the wall is a partition/combustible or a visual thing?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Hi, only use bends if you have to get around joists/rafters, the wall behind the stove is an external chimney with another stove the other side, it is faced with large ceramic tiles.

ourmaninthenorth

‘Scuse the ceiling fans – previous owners considered them essential for the sub-tropical climates of West Lancashire.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

the stove on the left is missing a flue – bit of a carbon monoxide risk there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Show me your stove installs with twinwall’ is closed to new replies.