Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • show me your small sheds
  • ibnchris

Moving house and need to get a shed. Not much space in the garden so looking at a 6ftx4ft or 7ftx5ft and it’d be good to know how you fit your bikes and gear in…I need it to fit four bikes and ideally have a small area for me to tinker.

eightyeight
    Free Member

I would if I had one, but people of here get funny with posting pictures of where they keep bikes / security set-up.

chilled76
    Free Member

I was about to say this causes a massive security risk for people if they aren’t careful.

jam-bo

I was about to say this causes a massive security risk for people if they aren’t careful.

if they are massively paranoid..

ibnchris

I did think that…but then remember seeing pictures of people’s massive sheds (essentially second homes for their bikes)

eightyeight
    Free Member

The first 10 posts or so always discuss the security issue, then some hero just wades in and posts a shed. The shed-floodgates (shedgates) then seem to open.

ibnchris

So, we’ve now only got three more posts to go chaps. Go on, give us another few objections.

Alternatively, if you have the time and inclination you can simply describe your wonderfully small shed and detail how you store your bike related toys?

annebr
    Free Member

IMO you’ll find it hard to fit 4 bikes and a small work area into either of those shed sizes.

Go for the bigger size and you should easily fit your 4 bikes in, and if you pave or board the area infront of the shed door you can have an outdoor work area. Could even perhaps put up a gazebo type cover over this area to keep it dry.

ibnchris

Thanks annebr – interesting idea. Paving could work, not sure the lady of the house wold favour the gazebo though. but maybe a board which lifts up to offer extra protection from the rain perhaps…

richmtb

I’ve got a 6′ x 4′ shed. (I would post a pic but I don’t have any)

You will not have anywhere to tinker in a shed this size with 4 bikes in it. My shed is pretty much full with three bikes and some gardening gear in the corners. So 7′ x 5′ would be a minimum for four bikes with a bit of “tinker space” (even then you would struggle)

I use the decking for bike tinkering

khani
    Free Member

No bikes are kept in it though…

Bregante

You would say that though……”

khani
    Free Member

😀 the bikes have their own room in the house,

eightyeight
    Free Member

11 post, I wasn’t far off.

I like the idea of little shelter coming off the front in order to do work. As said above, don’t think it’s possible to have any number of bikes and a small tinkering area in a shed that small.

nealglover
    Free Member

Corner shed (seems to take up less space)

stayhigh

I have a 10 x 6 shed with 4 adult and one kids bike in, some general clutter and bugger all room to do much useful. I curse not having 12 x 8 but thems the breaks 🙁

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I started a similar thread a few weeks ago about “Show me your Man Caves”.

Some people were happy to share, others not so much.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/show-me-yourman-cave

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘show me your small sheds’ is closed to new replies.