Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • show me your slacklines
  • Seggons
    Free Member

so I’m probably going to pull the trigger on a slackline in the next few weeks, I’d just like some photos and thoughts from those with them before I commit! I’m gonna run fox 36 talas’ on the front, sram powered 1×10 and slx brakes etc etc.
    also is the 853 worth the extra over the 631? and anything else you might wish to diverge.

cheers in advance, I look forward to seeing them!

mboy
    Free Member

The 853 is the older version. It’s only got a straight 1 1/8th headtube, so no tapered forks!

The 631 came about as Stanton realised that with the tapered headtube, they could make the main tubes out of 631 and it would weigh roughly the same and be as strong as the 853 frame, but for quite a bit less cash. There’s no reason to go 853 at all unless you must have the badge, though I think that there’s only a couple left anyway too.

timmys

I started out with Fox 36 160/130/100 TALAS on mine but in the end, like everyone it seems, converted them to FLOATS (at 140 in my case).

WildHunter2009

What size is that? That blue is ruddy lovely. Sorry for slight hijack but at 5,10 would you think a 16.5 or the 18 would be better?

timmys

That’s 18″ and I’m 6’2″. I wouldn’t want to guess what size you’d want. I’d email Dan Stanton for advice personally. As always effective top tube length is probably the most important consideration, and perhaps depends a bit on what you intend to you the bike for.

sv

Selling my 853 frame, 18inch and same blue as timmys. £200 plus the postage cost, email in profile if you want photos.

matther01
    Free Member

Mine is the ti version (sorry no pics as using my phone) and I think its 0.5 slacker than a standard slackline. Running SLX brakes, 1×10 SLX with Saint shifter and XT rear mech with dual 160/130 pikes and LEV dropper. Mine is coming in at about 25lb and is capable of blasts or all day jobs. I’m 5’7″ running a 16.5 frame with 50mm/740mm cockpit.

My one and only gripe is that there are no bottle mounts…otherwise its an incredible piece of workmanship.

Actually…there is one more gripe…it gets lots of fingerprints all over it! Lol

Seggons
    Free Member

put an order in today for a 16.5” 631 in that blue. I can’t wait! cheers all. If you’re anywhere near essex, void bikeshop in maldon will arrange a test ride before you commit. I had a go on an 18” and found it a bit of a stretch, then again I am 5’7” with shortish arms so there we go

WildHunter2009

I always thought 5,11 was a really common average kinda height but its a booger for bike sizing!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘show me your slacklines’ is closed to new replies.