Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Show me your Singular Peregrines and tell me they're pants….
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

I have a Swift and a Gryphon and am even in the process of building the Gryphon back up as more of a rough stuff tourer – even got a quote for having it repainted rosso red – the same as a Pergrine, but it just won’t be the same. Damn you Singular Sam! Tell me they’re rubbish.

nedrapier

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9uDaqu]P1060354[/url] by no1heroclub, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9FpbJ1]P1070452[/url] by no1heroclub, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/deeFou]DSC_1453[/url] by no1heroclub, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/n4Z9gU]P1030115sq[/url] by no1heroclub, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nyDorj]2014-06-01 12.41.14[/url] by no1heroclub, on Flickr

They’re rubbish! 😀

OCB
    Free Member

Pah, Peregrine’s!
    I got mine way back in 2008, and I certainly won’t get another (until I break / loose that one)! 😀

Other criticisms … well, mine needs new chainrings now, and I put the blame for that squarely on Sam for making such a ridable bike that stuff gets worn out through repeated use.

I’ve not long fitted OO Mungo’s, and they suit it if anything, better than the OO Midges it had before (and it was great on those).

(I’d add an Osprey to your list of existing Singulars – given that they compare equally with the others. Actually I’d say *I’d* add one … but I won’t (as I’ve already got one)).

😉

I’m wondering about a respray on my Peregrine – possibly a nice kinda blue-green with an ivory head / seat panel?

drofluf
    Free Member

Can’t stand mine 🙂

Really versatile bike. I’ve had mine single speed, with an Alfine and derailleurs. Been used as a commuter, Audax, light off-road and just riding around. Comfortable for long rides, couldn’t ask for more

Nipper99
    Free Member

Meh 😆

kcal

As above. Delightful versatile bike, just what I needed.
    Singlespeed – check.

Ready to roll, geared.

Light tourer in out of the way areas – definitely

Had tried to get photos up but not showing at the moment 🙁

kcal

Mostly out of stock though 🙁

toby1

There’s a guy I ride past on the busway with one, he’s always cheery looking, probably nothing to do with the bike though 😉

nedrapier

Fairly sure that’s not me. I’m usually in relatively good mood on the bike, but I’d be surprised if I look cheery!

kcal

PJ266
    Free Member

Kcal, how is the setup with front panniers? I’m thinking of loading mine the same, any handling issues?

Will grab a few photos tomorrow to add 🙂

kcal

They’re actually pretty good. I set up for front rack as I didn’t have much kit and had front panniers anyway. It’s a Tubus rack – pretty solid. They had some load but not too much. Never really a problem, but I was bimbling along really.

The only issue was going through narrower rutted tracks, or through tracks with heather tussocks – they’d tend to snag. But as more stability – very stable bike indeed.

Nipper99
    Free Member

what max size tires will fit – i cant see the size of the thunder burts on nedrapiers build.

mikemorini
    Free Member

Be quick. I believe Sam might be phasing them out (hopes to be proven wrong).

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Not mine anymore, but it used to be:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9RaDHR]Singular_brown[/url] by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Alfine 8 on the back, LX dynamo on the front. mmmm.. shiny shiny.
    Was heavy and a little too short for me but the feeling of swooping down Hartside Pass in the middle of the night was unbeatable.

kcal

I believe that’s the case. Certainly Sam, & Wiggle, only have size Small left.

drofluf
    Free Member

Much as I’d love to sadly it looks like you’re right 🙁 From the Singular website:

Unfortunately the Peregrine production is currently on hold. With the development of the disc Kite I’m afraid I can’t really justify having three steel, drop bar, disc brake, 700c frames in my small line up. I hope the day will come when it is possible to reintroduce the model to my range but I can’t say when that will be. I do currently still have a couple of S size frames in stock

Hopefully on hold means just that, be a shame to see them stop being made.

OCB
    Free Member

what max size tires will fit

It depends … 😉

I’ve briefly had Bonty XR3’s in 2.1 on mine (on Mavic A719 rims), and the rear *just* caught the band for the F-mech – there was still good frame and fork clearance tho’.

(A slimmer band-on mech which (more) properly fits the ST diameter, rather than the one-size-fits-all ‘conventional’ Deore f-mech I’m using, or, a top-swing mech further down the tube would have avoided that issue, (as would going SS / 1 x n)).

nedrapier

2.1 Thunder Burts in the last of my photos up there. 3mm either side of the tyre in the front, bit more space in the back (mech band notwithstanding – as per ocb – I’m on 1×10 here). The lugs on the fork crown take up a wee bit of room.

drofluf
    Free Member

I’ve had 2.3s onbut that was running single speed. Plenty of frame clearance though!

Nipper99
    Free Member

So, given you cant get a Peregrine anymore would something like the Surly Straggler be equivalent?

nedrapier

Pretty close. Track ends rather than EBB, but looks like you can certainly load it up!

PJ266
    Free Member

Big fan, very comfy. Though I have only used it for commuting and cruising about.

kimi
    Free Member

love mine too, it’s my most versatile frame, but the size medium is too small for me so will probably let it go at some point.

ps the log pile is considerably larger since those pics were taken.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Ready for its shake down ride tomorrow:

december 002 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

december 004 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

drofluf
    Free Member

Glad we were able to talk you out of it 😀

Nipper99
    Free Member

It was a close run thing 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Singular Peregrines and tell me they're pants….’ is closed to new replies.