Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Show me your Singular Hummingbirds
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

If anyone actually has one.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Anybody?!

bentudder

How about this? 16″ frame, by the way.

Hummingbird by bent udder, on Flickr

Hummingbird as a Penny Farthing by bent udder, on Flickr

Hummingbird as a Penny Farthing by bent udder, on Flickr

gari
    Free Member

I have a large, but the pictures are on my MacBook. I shall upload ’em when I get back home this eve.
    It’s for sale if you looking for one!
    Gari

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Ygm

Looks ace bent udder

postierich
    Free Member

Been out today not great photos 1×9 setup

DSCF2585[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

DSCF2345[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

P1080071 by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    Singlespeed setup

matt_outandabout

They are a lovely looking bike…

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

shame they have stopped making these ? ….. just says discontinued on the site 🙁

paulosoxo
    Free Member

shame they have stopped making these ? ….. just says discontinued on the site

Boo. That’s no good.

nedrapier

Hello Ben, are those Singular forks, or someone else’s painted to match?

Edit: never mind, saw the penny farthing tag. I’d thought the front wheel looked “that way”

bentudder

Hey Ed! Hope all’s well.

Yes, the fork came with the frame – the idea was that you could run it with 100-120mm at the front with a 26″ wheel, or rigid and a 29″ wheel. The fork has a custom offset to (from memory) deal with toe overlap and adjust handling a little.

You can run it with 26″ both end – you just need a suspension-adjusted rigid fork, or the existing one – although the a-c will be a little shorter because you’re running a smaller wheel with that funny offset.

(I hope that makes sense – I’m not a bike designer, and I don’t play one onf TV, and I’m sure Singular Sam can explain far better).

It really is a smashing bike – it replaced my DeKerf and a dedicated singlespeed (although I’ve never run it with gears, for some reason). The only catch is that trying it as a 69er has led me to buy a full-on 29er, and Sam doesn’t make those for people who are small enough to ride 16″ frames.

I’m currently having a slight wobble about whether to sell it or not. Sold my FS bike, now have two hardtails set up as singlespeeds…

Paulsoxo – yes, they’re discontinued – a real pity. The geometry of an older 16″ Genesis Io is very similar with a 100mm fork on the front, if that helps – unfortunately,the Io feels rather vague if you bump it up to 120mm.

Alternatives? I’d suggest a Cotic Simple (although it doesn’t have the versatility of geared and singlespeed without a little tinkering) or the new Chameleon, which has those seriously tasty swinging dropouts from the Aluminium Highball.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Singular Hummingbirds’ is closed to new replies.