• This topic has 53 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by xcstu.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Show me your roadie light touring bikes
  • NormalMan

Same here jameso, no thread hijack intended it just captured my attention. I’ve taken my Allez across some ‘gravel stuff’ recently so I’ve watched this thread with interest. Probably an elememt of n+1 interest!

My 650b in original format should have had one of these ! not one of these ? at the end BTW. So sorry if that confused anything.

Rik
    Free Member

But there is no Marathon Supremes (the ultimate touring tyre) available in 650b ……

jameso

NM, I thought what you meant was ‘original’ as old french 650B, vs MTB 650B which is the same rim size, as I suspect you know : ) ‘original format’ as in a tour/road/dirt drop-bar bike, yes.

NormalMan

Yep, that is what I meant, the role of touring/utility bike wheel size.

I’d love to contribute a pic to the thread but a 2010 Allez with the only mod being brake blocks isn’t going to generate much interest I’d imagine 😉

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Probably not what the OP had in mind but it’s light in terms of gears (singlespeed) and cost. It proved comfortable for 325 miles in four days a couple of years back and London to Brighton to Southampton in a day this year.

ransos
    Free Member

Used for a credit card LEJOG in 2007, and I still have it. It’s a wonderfully comfortable bike, but light enough to be used on club runs in the winter. I wouldn’t want to go camping on it as the frame’s a bit too light for heavily-laden touring.

stev3
    Free Member

Just bought a Kona Honky Tonk for some ‘light’ touring; it currently looks like this:

teasel
    Free Member

Ransos – Your picture is ****ed. Don’t leave us hangin’…

ransos
    Free Member

fasthaggis

Credit card tourer.

teasel
    Free Member

I gotta say, I’m left feeling a little disappointed.

teasel
    Free Member

Only joking. Very nice!

😛

Dickyboy

mates Lappiere & my equilibrium with salsa racklock & rear rack mounted off mudguard eyes
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/dTGWxk]equilibrium[/url] by Dicky Boy 500, on Flickr

xcstu
    Free Member

ir_bandito – Member
    xcstu -liking the PDW fenders.
    How did you attach the pannier rack (tubus fly?) around the brake calliper? Any pics of the non-drive side?

Cheers ir_bandito – Ya the rack is a tubus and had to buy these adaptors to get round the callipers.. Was a bit of a pain at the time but seems to work well now! Have to take some pics as not much info around online!

These are the adaptors: The Jandd disc brake adapter

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Show me your roadie light touring bikes’ is closed to new replies.