• This topic has 87 replies, 73 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by flip.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Show me your road bikes
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

Mine when first built up a few years ago, a few bits have been changed now but it’s essentially the same..

Dibbs
    Free Member

Ashley
    Free Member

Now with Red hoods!

donsimon
    Free Member

jumping11 by simoncarter.es, on Flickr

Bought the frame in August, finished the build early Sept after a headset cock up. 🙄 And ridden it every weekend since. If you’re thinking of buying, you could do a lot worse than Ribble. It’s where my next bike is coming from.

simondbarnes

Wet by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Seafront Ride by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Commuter by simondbarnes, on Flickr

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Roadster.

AntLockyer
    Free Member

that hampsten is rather nice – what’s it like to ride?

Thank you. It rides really really nicely. It’s got 25mm Vitoria tubs on it coupled with a light-ish wheelset. It weighs a little more than my Cannondale but it feels lighter when you are on the move. I surprise myself when I go to change up a gear and I’m already in the 12. It’s a similar position to the cannondale but different geometry, easier to ride fast, easier to ride no hands, decends like it’s on rails and each time I ride it makes me think what a bargain it was.

Modern steel produces a light, stiff comfortable bike.

alanw2007

Aero Mode

Back Road Mode

parkesie
    Free Member

Ticks all the boxes for me

Mowgli
    Free Member

I think this thread needs steering away from the expensive carbon blinginess…

1946 vintage:

Now has top tube cable guides, but alas still no bar tape.

Commuter hack, now fixed:

mavisto
    Free Member

Tiger6791

DezB
    Free Member

Mowgli – I’d like to see a close up of your back end (if you get my drift 🙂 ) Those stays are amazing!

RV
    Free Member

Mowgli
    Free Member

DezB:

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Utilitarian commuter.

DezB
    Free Member

Nice Mowgli.

Blimey that Cannondale is a tasty looking machine.

(runs off to perform self flagellation)

maxlite
    Free Member

Cannondale is nice…..but the Hetchins is sooooo nice

…..pointing to the stars stems are just not right on a road bike!

actiondan
    Free Member

[/url][/img]

peajay

When I check my height against the charts on line I come in between a 56 and a 58, I know there is no substitute for trying a bike but would the stw collective go up the way or down when sizing on a road bike? Cheers PJ 5ft 11inches and a wee bit! It’s the wee bit that’s the most important!

DezB
    Free Member

Depends on the geometry – my last frame was a 56, the RM was only available in a 58, so measured the goemetry spec against the old bike and it was almost identical. I’m just under 5’11” and the 58 is fine.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

On a road bike the TT lenght is probably the more important measurement…

The TT is longer than a mountainbike. And listed sizes vary loads among manafacturers.

Also road bikes come in standard, semi compact and compact as frame variations so worth checking what your buying!

peajay

Sounds a mine field, will need to do my homework, planning a road for next year funds allowing

AntLockyer
    Free Member

The smaller size is almost always the right one.

unovolo
    Free Member

Started life as a £50 ex BCF frame off ebay

Stripped it and found out it was made of Easton Elite tubing

And now looks like this after a bit of work

Mixture of new and old parts with quite a few bargains on there,whole bike probably stands me about £400 which Include Dura-ace shifters and both derailleurs with a bit of carbon and anodised alloy pimping.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Summer.

Winter.

psychle
    Free Member

DSCF4083 by ten_sim, on Flickr

LardLover
    Free Member

This is my money pit

mrmo
    Free Member

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Summer- 2011 Kuota Kharma

Winter- 2009 Kinesis Racelight Tk

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

kinesis4 by Team Shortbread, on Flickr

Longer stem now fitted with fewer spacers. Needs an inline seatpost. Shallow drop bars waiting to be fitted.

hopster
    Free Member
    crikey
    Free Member

and

oxnop
    Free Member

This is my winter commuter 😆

It weighs 16.1 lbs in its current guise of full dura ace with Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels 8)

rangerbill

My early inheritance as my Dad doesn’t ride it any more. It was free, Ive stripped a lot of the touring stuff off it and spent money on a new saddle. I love riding it, its ace!
    Hoping to get out more on it next year so if anyone can recommend beginner/intermediate events around the South Pennines let me know please

ctk
    Free Member

£50 for the Concorde! Like it alot. My below Pesenti (as rode by Pantani) is Aluminium with a bit of Beryllium

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Now a bit dirtier and with suede San Marco regal saddle.

[/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img]

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The TT is longer than a mountainbike. And listed sizes vary loads among manafacturers.

EPIC FAIL

I ride a 56cm road bike and an 18″ mountainbike, and 18″ mountaibike will have arround 59.5cm of top tube. The reach of a road bike is longer though as you have a ~110mm stem and then theres he reach to the hoods and drops on top of that.

stoney
    Free Member

Not everyone`s cup of tea…..

Also after a Trek Madone project 1 in lime green ❗

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

This is a bit more upto date
    [/url][/img]

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Show me your road bikes’ is closed to new replies.