Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Show me your Reverb levers on the 'wrong' side
  • smogmonster

I got myself one of those CRC Reverbs just beofre Chrimbo, and just about to fit it. I bagged one of the L hand levers to put under the R hand side..how have those who have it this way mounted theirs? Pics please.

cubexms2011
    Free Member

Me to I’m struggling to fit it on the bars with hope tech levers and xt shifters

Wozza
    Free Member

XT shifters, XTR levers. Had to take my shifter windows off, move the shifter along the runners and then swap it over to the other side of my levers to get it all to fit.

scruff
    Free Member

Mines like wozzas but on LH & have put the shifters inboard. Either way somethings compromised.

Garry_Lager

With under or over, is it about difference in use (like one feels better than the other) or is it just down to how it will fit on the bars?

I want a reverb and know it has to go on the left, but dinnae ken the under or over thing.

stevede
    Free Member

Mounting under is to give it a bit more protection in a crash or when the bike is upside down for trail side repairs etc (but lets not go there again!), to mount underneath on the left you want a right hand lever.

snakebite
    Free Member

the ideal set up is 1×10 and left hand reverb lever…. 8)

pixelmix
    Free Member

the ideal set up is 1×10 and left hand reverb lever….

The ideal set up is 1×10 and right hand reverb lever mounted underneath on the left….

rondo101
    Free Member

Mounting under is pretty tricky with a shifter I’ve found. Under on the left with no front shifter works best.

If paired with the new shimano stubby brake levers it’s a real PITA to get everything right with a shifter too. No one-finger braking, or shifter paddles in the way of the grip or reverb just out of reach. Scruff has it right with “Either way something’s compromised”.

My wife’s is mounted underneath on the left with shifter & brake and mine is mounted on top on the left with just a brake. IMO hers is too far from the grip to comfortably change.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Has anyone got the non-MMX mount? Is it any different? just wondering as the comprimise would largely be solved by being able to run the reverb and brake in the same clamp (i.e. SRAM/Avid/RS MMX). Does the normal clmap have the piston in a different place?

wallop

Remote underneath

Remote on top

Apologies for pants phone photos!

I run mine underneath. It’s not ideal, and I had to get some shorter grips, but it’s manageable.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Has anyone got the non-MMX mount? Is it any different? just wondering as the comprimise would largely be solved by being able to run the reverb and brake in the same clamp (i.e. SRAM/Avid/RS MMX). Does the normal clmap have the piston in a different place?

I’ve had both clamps and its the same, but with an additional piece which bolts on. I now have a RH without the MMX bit mounted upside down on the left. could do with the MMX bit tho as I’ve just changed back to SRAM shifting and want to try it on the right.

tworide
    Free Member
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Reverb levers on the 'wrong' side’ is closed to new replies.