Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Show me your RC200s
  • bearnecessities

I’ve seen a few on here on various threads, and now being totally in love with my latest purchase (despite being a tiddly bit too big), I’m looking for some inspiration.

This is mine, with original kit aside from Evo 3 hub, spesh saddle & vaults. (I realise there may not be many replies, but ones you use to own would be fine!!)

amplebrew

This was my old RC200.

No longer in my possession.

PICT2236 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

bearnecessities

Good god, that’s bleedin’ gorgeous. Where’s the stem?! 😀

saxabar
    Free Member

The only retro bike I’ve ever wanted. Reminds of me of being a kid walking past the bike shop with all the bling. Beautiful things.

amplebrew

16″ frame which from memory was a ’98’ with modern components.

Ran it with 9 spd XT, Magura HS33 brakes, Thomson post / stem and Hope / Mavic wheels.

It had a 100mm Thomson stem on it in the pic.

bearnecessities

Saxabar, buy one. It’s the most amazing bike to ride, sod full sus/carbon/cotic! 😉

mokl
    Free Member

Still a dream bike for me!

bearnecessities

Anyone nr W.Yorks with 32″ inside leg or more is welcome to take a test ride on mine, although I was hoping for more pics 🙂

DickBarton

Hang on…will see what I have in my Flickr account…not had it for the last 7 months as had it loaned to a mate’s uncle to get him in shape for a sponsored cycle…will see what I have in the photo archives…

DickBarton

The original build back in 2000 –

Pace RC-200 F8 Original Build by DickBarton, on Flickr

One of the last F8’s to be made…

DickBarton

I then kind of ‘left’ it for a few years as I’d moved on to full sus but couldn’t get rid of the frame/fork – so in ’06 I stuck on a cheap XT groupset –

Pace RC-200 F8 (hack) by DickBarton, on Flickr

DickBarton

The forks then died and I went rigid –

Pace with carbon rigids and flat bars/bar-ends by DickBarton, on Flickr

DickBarton

Some ‘arty’ shots –

The head badge by DickBarton, on Flickr

Creaky seat post/tube junction by DickBarton, on Flickr

XT cassette/rear mech and Pace dropout by DickBarton, on Flickr

XT rear disc/mount and Pace dropout by DickBarton, on Flickr

Getting it back this weekend and I’m sure it will need parts replaced…the XT brakes are utter mince and need a proper clean and rebleed and new pads, but I’ll get it brought back to life and use it as my commuter for work…when I have the cash, I’ll get the Pace forks sorted and get it rebuilt into a ‘race machine’…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Well if anyone fancies building one up then I have a spare 140mm stem I can sell you 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

I’d still love one of these

amplebrew

I loved mine, it was just a bit too full on for me.

It was a really great bike, I just had a few more aches and pains after a long ride!!!

mattbee

I’d love one. I’m 6’2″ with a 34″ inside leg though so they never seem to come up in my size…

failedengineer

I’ve just very recently sold mine via Retrobike. It was an F6, 1997, with RC30 forks and a Pace stem. Lovely thing, but I hardly ever used it. It was used more as a winter road bike than a mountainbike. The money has gome towards a Croix de Fer build.

djflexure

I’d love one. I’m 6’2″ with a 34″ inside leg though so they never seem to come up in my size…

Looks like the op is trying to shift his

mongflex
    Free Member

If anyone has one to sell then please get in touch – I need one of these in my life (especially yours dickbarton!)

DickBarton

I’m 6’1″ with a 34 (and a bit)” inside leg. the 19″ fits fine for me so next size up should be ideal for you…mongflex, sorry but it is being buried with me when i finally go!

mt
    Free Member

Had three over the years but with much regret sold frame and fork. Did have a Pace Fork steerer snap on me, that bust me and the frame. I never had the same love of anything Pace again, still loved to look at the thing though and put many miles in on it as a rigid.

bearnecessities

Did have a Pace Fork steerer snap on me, that bust me and the frame. I never had the same love of anything Pace again

You should be more forgiving 😀

rc200f8
    Free Member

Heres my F8

2013-04-11 19.08.45 by i.mack, on Flickr
    Rode it off road on Sunday for the 1st time in a couple of years – it beat the living daylight out of me, I’ve become soft with full sussers!!
    I’ve had it from new – my 4th warrenty replacement after my 1st 95 F5 cracked at the seat tube/bb shell. This one also cracked in the same place & I had it rewelded & reannodised by Pace shortly before production of the RC200/300 stopped.
    Spec is: 2000/01 RC200F8, 420mm RC31’s, 100mm RC45 stem, RCsub 130 bars, Middleburn rings & RS3’s, Hope ti bb, hubs, 1st generation 165/145 minis, 1st gen hope ti qr’s, Syncros seatpost, flite tt saddle, 8speed xtr shifter pods & rear mech, xt front mech, mavic 317 disc bontrager revolt super x’s

mintimperial

Heres my F8

That, sir, is truly a thing of beauty.

mongflex
    Free Member

sorry but it is being buried with me when i finally go!

Haha! Bury me in a Pace shaped coffin.
    Don’t blame you – tis a thing of beauty.

mattbee

My wife saw the email someone sent me about their Pace being for sle. I had to delete it with her watching and promise I wouldn’t try to find out how much he wanted for it. Ot’s about the principle, not the money aparrently. Something about a new washing mchine too… 🙁

patriotpro
    Free Member

Why do ALL old-skool HT frames (bikes?) look massive? 😯

racefaceec90

gah i am sooo jealous of you all (always lusted after one 8)

mattbee

Sorry to spam a Pace thread with a Klein, but retro hardtails don’t all look massive, even when set up for a gangly eejit like mee…

jezandu
    Free Member

set up for a gangly eejit like mee…

I’ll vouch for that…….

bearnecessities

My wife saw the email someone sent me about their Pace being for sale.

*waves* 😀

awkwardkid
    Free Member

I’ve been lucky enough to have owned an F2, F8 and a RC300.
    Awesome bikes

DickBarton

Sod it…I’m sending the EVO IIIs back to Pace to get sorted (with a longer steerer and a service) and get this back in action!

amplebrew

I used ‘Fork English’ to service my old Pace forks and they did a great job.

Don’t know if they’re still around, but their contact details are on this topic.

rwc03
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Pace forks I had were just pull the lowers off, slap on some butter and away.
    Til this, of course

but those things are SOOOO flexy dunno how anyone can use em these days!

While we’re on the subject of RC 200s…

Does anyone know where I can get the odd size bottom bracket bearings to suit the Bullseye crank on an RC100 ?
    I could do with the complete crankset as well if possible. The splines are worn on mine and the pinch bolt doesn’t quite clamp it all up tight.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Show me your RC200s’ is closed to new replies.