Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • show me your pitch
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Had that hankering for a full suss again so just bought a pitch from the classifieds. I know it’s oldschool and 26″ but it’s a great bike IMO

Considering some offset bushings. Will be using a 140rev up front.

Did notice some geezer on pinkbike put a shorter shock on the back to get 135ish (190×51 shock) Pic here:

he claimed it gave a similar ride to the bandit/scout

I always thought it felt a little too high in the rear so I threw a 7.5 x 2 Monarch plus on it and it felt amazing. It was so poppy and playful….and the monarch plus really complemented it with a med / med tune.

Anyone else tried a similar thing?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Lyrics up front, Rev/sektors never did the frame justice, and aren’t any more expensive second hand.

BB was really low anyway, I’d not swap the shock, dropping another inch would make it unrideable!

Big tough tyres, you will be smashing it into a lot of rocks.

Big brakes (203-180).

If it’s on the original hubs, ditch the wheels, they’re not upto the job really. Mine ate freehubs and bearings.

Fantastic bikes if you live somewhere rocky or have an uplift, they’re a bit of a slog on the flat though.

sv

My first one, changed the shock to a RC4 and a GD seatpost. Worked really well in the Alps! Sold it to go back to hardtails only, about a year later bought another Pitch frame! Had a DB Inline on that one, lovely shock (if they hold together).

[/url]Pitch Pro Dec10 by Michael 28, on Flickr[/img]

Simon

Here’s mine (used to belong to tinas^).
    I’ve built it lighter with 150mm Revs, 160/180 brakes, 1×10, specialized control casing tyres.
    Use it for big days out, bit of Enduro racing and summer/dry local riding. Love it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Here’s mine (used to belong to tinas^).

I found the headset race the other day unpacking boxes.

sv

Found a photo of my second Pitch, went a similar spec Lyriks 1×10 etc same wheels too. It did have a seatpost/saddle 🙂

[/url]Pitch DS by Michael 28, on Flickr[/img]

Northwind

Poo brown pitches ftw, I decided I wanted one right when they stopped being ridiculously cheap, never did get one 😡

Mugboo

Having followed Simon on the above bike many times, I can confirm its no slog/slouch on pedally stuff.

trickydisco
    Free Member

BB was really low anyway, I’d not swap the shock, dropping another inch would make it unrideable!

It’s 345mm bb height. the scout is 330mm and My old santa cruz superlight was 312mm

offset bushings would only drop it a further 5 or 10mm

trickydisco
    Free Member

old it to go back to hardtails only, about a year later bought another Pitch frame!

That’s whats happened to me! Had an enduro for years.. Sold it as i got bored. Swapped everything over to a stanton slackline. Had that for 3 years. Bought a pitch for a week in the alps 2 years ago.. Sold it. Now bought another as i’ve hired a full suss at Bike park wales and miss that speed and poppyness

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Less suspension (and therefore sag) on the scout though, even more so the superlight.

I’d try it first and see what you think, I found it ran best with more sag and a large volume air can, so it was always running lower in it’s travel anyway, and longer forks slackened it out (and at 65deg they didn’t really need any slackening from stock!).

Keeping an eye on ebay now for another large one, or a prophet.

sv

Swapped everything over to a stanton slackline.

As did I! Great frame it was.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Less suspension (and therefore sag) on the scout though, even more so the superlight.

yea.. That’s what this guy on pinkbike was saying. He went for a shorter e2e and shorter stroke to make it sit lower and it ended up being 135mm.

I’l probably try some offset bushings first before i look into another shock

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bear in mind the geometry was based on the outgoing Enduro at the time fixed in it’s slack setting.

190×51 would give you

150/57=2.63 leverage ratio

2.63*51=134mm

Unsagged BB 345-16=330mm

At 33% sag -45mm= 285mm

I’d be interested to try it if I had the bits, it’d certainly pedal better with less travel, I just think it’s missing the point as you’d have a 135mm travel bike, with a seat angle that prohibits steep climbing, and a 63-64deg head angle writing cheques the shortened rear end can’t cash going downhill.

Simon said he ran it with a 200×50 shock and it was good (something blew in the shock seal soon after he bought it), but that would have at least preserved the head angle.

trickydisco
    Free Member

interesting. Like i say the guy on pinkbike (sterlingmagnum) had run a 190×51 on his pitch for years. I noticed it was a 2010 version which does have a different brace to mine

Notice it’s flattened. mine’s a 2009 which has a rounded profile. Not sure if that makes a difference but he said his never made contact

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=18768&pagenum=112

survivor

Mines in bits and has sat unused since I got a stanton sherpa. Can’t decide if I’ll be getting rid of it or building it back up.

loved it and wrung it’s neck for five years and it refused to die. Might have to give it a few more goes in honour of its greatness and to make my mind up.

filks

Love mine! Particularly similar to Michael’s saddle-less number above……… 😉

filks

First full susser and love it!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Excellent. Keep em coming

sv

Looking very well Filks 😀

breadcrumb

I shouldn’t of opened this thread, kind of regret selling mine now.

SOAP
    Free Member

Loved mine. If only it had a tapered headtube

Coil front and rear

sv

If only it had a tapered headtube

This +100 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If only it had a tapered headtube

Cannondale prophet? It’ll even take a slackset.

The Pitch was (and is) great, but it’s not the only comparable bike, the next enduro was even lower/slacker, had a tapered headtube and is now silly money on ebay (there’s a carbon s-works, Boss fork, CCDB shock, for £770 with 9 hours to go!)

trickydisco
    Free Member

I realised i never put a photo up of mine

INterested in swapping the Monarch M/H tune for a M/M as i think the M/M is better suited to the pitch

nwmlarge
    Free Member
    asbrooks

@nwmlarge what travel are your forks set at? They look about 120mm.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘show me your pitch’ is closed to new replies.