Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • show me your pace 506
  • roughneck
    Free Member

what forks are good on them.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have coil Pikes on mine but only because I already had them.
    I am quite happy with them but will probably put something slightly longer on in the future.
    A couple of mates have 150mm Revs with Maxle and rate them so they might be a good bet.
    Had thought about Fox 36 but they might be (would be!!!) overkill for me.
    Pic here if the link works:

Coniston Round  9-8-09

Cheers
    Steve

roughneck
    Free Member

is it better then the 405

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I wouldnt say that it is better necessarily but obviously has more travel.
    A mate has a 405 and I bought mine on the back of riding his a couple of times.
    I already had a 130mm travel bike (Whyte E5) so decided to go a bit bigger.
    A local shop was selling the frame for £995 including the DT shock so decided to treat myself.
    Its currently quite heavy (approx 33lb)compared to the 405 which is about 28lb but it has heavy wheels and forks on it.
    I think I could comfortably loose 3lbs but having said that I think it rides light-rode it for 6 hours in the LAkes last sunday without too much trouble.
    It climbs well with lots of traction-I get up technical climbs on this that I fail on lighter bikes- and flies downhill well beyond my ability
    I love it and consider it to be my "best" bike!!!!

If you have any specific questions let me know.
    Cheers
    Steve

roughneck
    Free Member

What size do you ride? I'm 6'1" with a long reach. I think I'll need the large with a 90mm stem, what do you think. I'm going to try and get up to Dalby for a demo next month.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I am just over 6 foot but not really sure if I have a long reach or not!!
    I ride a large with a 90mm stem and am very happy with the riding position.
    I live in the North East and go to Dalby/Lakes/North Yorks Moors/Dales etc so if you are stuck for a demo give me a shout (email in profile)and we can see what we can sort out.
    Cheers
    Steve

roughneck
    Free Member

Thanks steve. I'm going to try big bear when they have there demo day in dalby, but if I get stuck I'll give you a bell.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘show me your pace 506’ is closed to new replies.