• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nixie.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Show me your: Orange Five with a Mudhugger rear guard…
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I bought a mudhugger earlier this year for my Fortitude. As a mudguard fetishist, it just works. So when I built up my Five, I had a go at fitting it and realised it pointed to the sky.
    Ah-ha! There’s a solution, Mudhugger produces a specific version for the Orange Five. Bought it, lined it up last night, it points to the sky. In fact, it seems to be the same angle as my original one.

Whats going on?
    Anyone fitted one to their (26″) Five and have a photo to hand?

Kahurangi

has the angle/position of the top surface if the swingarm changed drastically since your 5 was made?

did they send you the right model? what does the packet say?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Nope, I think angle is fairly constant. I’ll double check the delivery note tonight.
    I was expecting it to follow the shape of the wheel more, like on the Fortitude:

I hate rear ‘guards that stick sky-high. 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

U can always alter the angle with judicious use of a hair drier

uphillcursing
    Free Member

So many kinds of wrong in those pictures.

tonyg2003

The mud hugger just didn’t work for me even with their specific mudguard. I went back to a seat post mudguard.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

U can always alter the angle with judicious use of a hair drier

I thought that was what I was paying for 🙁

Will check exact fit and bring it up with Mudhugger direct…

rocketman
    Free Member

So many kinds of wrong in those pictures.

🙂

tonyg2003

that top picture is from a blog that I wrote for MuddyMoles and its my Five. It was on the Five for testing purposes. The Mudhugger is now in the depths of the garage.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The mud hugger just didn’t work for me even with their specific mudguard.

Me neither, on full travel it snagged on the tyre by being pushed back by the seat tube. I even modified it…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qnhcvw]Hugger 034[/url] by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Which kind of worked but I wasn’t happy. To their due Mudhugger gave me my money back & let me keep it. It’s now on the HT & I’ve gone back to a soggy arse on the 5.

radrob
    Free Member

When I bought one ages ago for my 26″ five mine was the same so I phoned them. I sent a pic of mine to them beforehand and they said that was how they fit. They said on phone that the 26″ ones they did used to be a little short. So I guess it’s like mine which is for a 29er five but they are abit longer but sit higher up. You could phone them tho and double check.

radrob
    Free Member

Forgot to say if u want a pic just email me as I don’t know how to get pics on here

divenwob
    Free Member

Not got a 5 but have fitted one over/around a 4.6″ Ground Control.

beaker2135

I’ve got both a five and a mud hugger in the shed if you want to pop over and try to see what you can sort out

nixie

Anyone reading this thread got a standard mudhugger surplus to requirements?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Show me your: Orange Five with a Mudhugger rear guard…’ is closed to new replies.